Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Leandri

Drives: AWESOME YARIS
Need Help..

Hi,

I'm a girl and know absolutely nothing about cars so I need some help. I have an automatic '07 Yaris sedan and when the gears change they slip really bad. I didn't notice it until my boyfriend pointed it out when he drove it. It has been getting worse and does it every time it changes from first to second and then occasionally in between the other gears. I don't know if this would be a transmission problem or not, like I said, I'm clueless.

Thanks!
Leandri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
Check the tranny fluid levels?
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
peewee1
PEEWEE1

Drives: 2009 yaris s sedan
Get a tranny fluid change(flush) plus new filter.Also drop in a bottle of LUCAS tranny fluid. Make sure you use Toyota tranny fluid as per instructions in the manual.
peewee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Take it to your local AAMCO transmission call 1-800-Go-AAMCO and it will forward your call to the closest one. They will look at your vehicle for free and let you know what it will need. Dont serviced the fluid before then till they have a chance to look at it. If the fluid is burnt/varnished/or has metal contamination that will help them diagnose it better than if you bring it in with fresh clean fluid. Typically the fluid in our cars is supose to last to 100k. If you do truely have a transmission problem flushing the fluid wont help the transmission and actually may make it worse as the high cleaning agents in the fluid with break apart the varnish.

It could be something simple as a sticking shift solenoid or perhaps you have seepage from your transmission pan gasket resulting in low fluid. But its best to have it check out by a professional first be for assuming or guessing. If you want to message me your city i can give you the phone number for the closes one near you
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
peewee1
PEEWEE1

Drives: 2009 yaris s sedan
Yes I do agree with Yaris Sedan, take it to the experts (ASAP). My idea of a tranny flush was pre-mature......
peewee1 is offline   Reply With Quote