Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-23-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
ryota
Dry Bones

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to ryota
what do you say when

what do you guys and girls say when your friends try to make fun of your Yaris? a couple of my friends that i get together with a couple times a week always resort back to calling my little lift back gay and telling me i traded in my balls when i bought the car. i have informed them that i'm a broke college student so it is the right price, i can fit just about anything i have ever tried to get into it, i can drive from my driveway to boston on a tank of gas (which is fantastic being in rochester ny) and that that tank only costs me 25$, and it's actually a zippy little car for the engine size... yet when they have nothing left to try to make fun of me for they go back to the Yaris.

what do the rest of you say because i'm sure i'm not the only one who has ever come across this... and quite frankly, i would love to see the end of this from them.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Is it stock looking? A little tint, a little lowering, some wheels... They'll start giving it a different look. Some of it can be done without spending too much money.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:43 AM   #3
ryota
Dry Bones

yeah stock. new stereo all around but that's it
Old 10-23-2009, 01:43 AM   #4
AmyV
she was an American girl

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB, 67 Fairlane 500
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyV
Haha. Ok yeah, I am in a similar boat. My retorts usually go back to 'Hey, I am a working college student who bought a brand-spankin new car when I turned 20 years old...'

Something like that usually shuts up at least my friends.

Do you own any other cars? Maybe a project car? Fall back on that too.

It prolly wont end, but it might help lessen it a bit.
AmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:53 AM   #5
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
Find new friends.

just kidding.....

....kinda.
coffiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
i always hear "doesn't that have the prius motor", and i hear "wow, i didn't think that little car could do that"(this is always fun to hear at the track, after a burnout )

and BTW, they are trying to make fun of the car because they are jealous of the fact that you don't break down, get good MPG, have a pretty peppy car... so it will probably not stop...

then again, you could always turn it back on them by asking "so what do you drive? a honda?"

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:56 AM   #7
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryota View Post
what do you guys and girls say when your friends try to make fun of your Yaris? a couple of my friends that i get together with a couple times a week always resort back to calling my little lift back gay and telling me i traded in my balls when i bought the car.

awwwww!!! Your friends are tough customers and completely misinformed about the Yaris, obviously.

You're right, there was a thread kind of like this before, and I'll see if I can find it for you. There were some pretty good responses in there, including if your friends continue acting like ignorant @ssholes, perhaps you may need new friends

Everything you say is right about the Yaris. Plus it's a great looking car, nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
what do the rest of you say because i'm sure i'm not the only one who has ever come across this... and quite frankly, i would love to see the end of this from them.
* Hope you don't expect me to give you a ride when yours is in the shop

* No, I don't need to stop for gas, I filled up 2 months ago

* Yeah, but I can park it almost anywhere

* I can turn on a dime

* I keep it stock so no-one will steal it

Old 10-23-2009, 01:58 AM   #8
AmyV
she was an American girl

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB, 67 Fairlane 500
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyV
I'm 6' tall, so I always get (from friends and strangers alike) "Wow! Do you have to fold in half to drive it" or "How do you fit in it?" or "Does your head touch the ceiling?".

Hahaha. Haha. Ha.... *cough cough*. Ugh.
AmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:05 AM   #9
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Someone once told me "Why did I bothered to put an alarm on it, who's gonna steal a Yaris"

I don't care, I like my car.

Oh, and if they get really nasty

* well, it maybe an entry level car but at least I know how to drive it

Old 10-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #10
ryota
Dry Bones

so one just got a 2004 3 series beamer and the other drives his dads old chevy s-10 extreme and just got a 1000cc cbr. i like the college kid retort... seeing as how i don't have a full time job and yet have owned a car with single digits on the odometer (6 :-)).

and no i have no other cars, although i'm going to get a motorcycle this upcoming spring
Old 10-23-2009, 03:28 AM   #11
rningonfumes

Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT
I just laugh it off as I count the money saved on the way to the bank.

Great gas mileage, great insurance rate, decent priced car payments. The cool goodies which I have installed are sweet as well!

But seriously, what are friends there for if they can't bust your chops once in a while, dish it back to them. It's the friends whom can't take jokes who are the friends you don't want (well, among other more important criteria).
Old 10-23-2009, 03:29 AM   #12
THE ONE
ドン フアン

Drives: Yaris coming really soon... :)
Send a message via MSN to THE ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
A little tint, a little lowering, some wheels... They'll start giving it a different look. Some of it can be done without spending too much money.
This was a very good advice in my opinion... You can make it look different, with your own taste, and give it a sporty look...

Girls like the Yaris, and that's for sure... So give it a JDM Style look, so that it looks clean, but at the same time sporty and unique... I'm sure girls won't recist it! haha

Start with some nice wheels, not to big, some 15' will fit perfectly... then get some coils/springs to lower it... then maybe some HID's... and so on...

You can do this without spending so much, as LtNoogie already said, and I think your Yaris will rock, and nobody's gonna say anything about it, unless they're jelous...

THE ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:47 AM   #13
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
I really don't give a rip what anyone else thinks and you probably shouldn't either. If your car is so critical to your friends maybe they aren't your friends.
I can honestly say there is no other car I'd rather be driving. There is something undeniably cool about an economical little car that inspires a forum such as this. The Yaris is just so many things to so many people with so many wants and needs.

R2
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:58 AM   #14
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
My car makes boobies jiggle.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:57 AM   #15
fujiwaru

Drives: 08 Toyota Yaris Sedan
don't sweat it. they probably just jealous that you get better millage than them.

although i don't get hate comments from my friends, they actually like my yaris since i'm the only one among my friends that got a brand new car and that i get better millage than theirs. Also for some of my other friends who don't have cars yet they still like my yaris in a way just cuz i got a car regardless of what it is.

so just be happy that you got a car that you enjoy driving. i enjoy my yaris. i love it! XD especially now in these tough economic times where its getting more expensive for gas.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #16
jclo3313
Super Moderator

Drives: Absolutely red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to jclo3313
Get new friends, the ones you have are lame.

Obama Can't Gymkhana!
jclo3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #17
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
Is it stock looking? A little tint, a little lowering, some wheels... They'll start giving it a different look. Some of it can be done without spending too much money.
+1 Guys at work with big SUVs are trying to car pool.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #18
gokartride

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3-Door Liftback
Gee, I never get any comments like this...I guess I'm just that intimidating!!!
gokartride is offline   Reply With Quote