Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #19
2bad4u

Drives: 06 Toyota Vitz RS
TB Chip swap

[QUOTE=kac;414134]Update: Installed 1ZZ throttle body today (from Garm, THANKS! great price, that guy is awesome)

Works Great! No check engine lights At All. Idle was high for a couple minutes when first started and has not been high at all since even at start up.

Did you do the chip swap or installed the 1ZZ tb with the original corolla chip??
The reason I am asking I also got a 1ZZ tb from Garm but have not installed.

Last edited by 2bad4u; 11-18-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: just read all post you did the swap thanks
2bad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #20
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
I did the chip swap.
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #21
fuji

Drives: Polar White Yaris HB
Interesting. The one I purchase from Garm worked flawlessly from the initial install. I did however use a cheap BOMZ intake which made fiting over the throttle body(which is larger) MUCH easier.
fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:08 AM   #22
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
If you are not doing head work (bigger valves, porting, different cam) and improving intake manifold too ....how does this improve anything?
Example: you put an intake on the car and you dyno. More horsepower. More air going in requires more fuel = more power (even if it's a little bit).

This is true for a Yaris -- or your Boxster.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #23
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
I've been running this Throttle for more than a Year, no problems. I do recommend it. If you have any doubts get one!!!! LOL
Old 11-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #24
Black_Sheep_xB
xB Owner

Drives: xB
I am going to slap my 1ZZ on my box this weekend.. did some things to it first:

Shaved and Polished the bore, Knife edged the leading edge of the throttle plate, wrinkle finish paint and TRD engraved plate.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:32 PM   #25
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac View Post
Update: Installed 1ZZ throttle body today (from Garm, THANKS! great price, that guy is awesome)

Works Great! No check engine lights At All. Idle was high for a couple minutes when first started and has not been high at all since even at start up.

LOVING IT.. Only problem is I should have done it sooner! Great Mod!

(Also put on some Micro Image decals which look great, Thanks Garm!)
part #
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:13 PM   #26
Freestylin

Drives: 09 Blizzard Pearl RS LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
part #
22030-0D030
“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” ― Ayrton Senna
Freestylin is offline   Reply With Quote