Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-11-2010, 04:32 AM   #19
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Big O tires told me that when i went to put my rims on, and the toyota rep said the same...
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #20
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post

And on a side note...dealers can pull the actual mileage of your car regardless whether the cluster says one thing or the other. I've already told my dealership about it, 1800mile difference...and they dont seem to care~~
really? i was told they could not.....
Old 05-12-2010, 01:05 AM   #21
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
i was gonna do that, keep my millage low on one cluster and add it to the other but i thought about it and between calculating interval for oil change and pain in the ass to keep swapping it out, i didn't find it worth it (also since my car is new i do all the servicing at the dealer, they could possibally give me one more headache.

other thing to keep in mind(in canada at least) when u renew ur ownership every year u write down ur millage and the government keeps it on file....
Each province is different i guess. Registration renewal does not require the mileage to be written down here. The only time the "approx" mileage is given to the registrations (SAAQ in Quebec) is when you sell the car. Then the mileage you TOLD them is written down the system. When the next time the car is sold, well, either you lie or the cluster is not right, they will know.

Either way, it is illegal to roll back the mileage on the cluster to convince someone the car has less mileage than it actually has. Nothing stops you from having a 19k km cluster on a 230k km car at the time it is being sold.. You cannot hide the fact the car has 230k.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #22
AlainMikli

Drives: ings 09 Yaris 3 Door LiftBack
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac View Post
$49.94 shipped to my doorset from Canada. Didn't have any trouble finding one at all. Just have to be willing to put a 2008 cluster into a 2009 yaris.
what color is the back light of the 08 one? I'm veeeery interested to get one
REAL JDM ings+1 Full Body Kit…REAL JDM C-One Spoiler…Retrofit Projector Headlight…Kiddo 6-pots BBK…CE 28N J-Time Attack…Bride Ergo II Racing Seat…Personal Steering Wheel…Work Bell Quick Release…Dealer Option Sun Roof…JDM RS LED Side Mirror…JDM RS Taillight…C-One Oil Cap…C-One Radiator Cap…TRD Iridium Racing Spark Plug…Tom's Fuel Map Controller…Blitz throttle controller…GReddy Informeter Touch…MR Suspension…TRD Rear Sway Bar…MR C-Pillar Bar…GTspec Front Strut Bar & Rear Strut Bar…AFE Intake…WR Header…Nitto Mid-Pipe…Greddy Ti-C axleback…Goodridge SS Brake Line…
To do: Supercharger…
AlainMikli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #23
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainMikli View Post
what color is the back light of the 08 one? I'm veeeery interested to get one
Is there not a picture on my first post? The 2008 canadian model gauge cluster with the tach lights up with white LED's.
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #24
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
^ there is...since its white, might be hard for some to see~

Good job on finding it. I couldn't find one, so i went RS.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #25
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
i might change my dash lights to red, more evil looking.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #26
AlainMikli

Drives: ings 09 Yaris 3 Door LiftBack
Quote:
Is there not a picture on my first post? The 2008 canadian model gauge cluster with the tach lights up with white LED's.
Oh, I thought you didn't turn on the light yet, I supposed it should be green or orange
REAL JDM ings+1 Full Body Kit…REAL JDM C-One Spoiler…Retrofit Projector Headlight…Kiddo 6-pots BBK…CE 28N J-Time Attack…Bride Ergo II Racing Seat…Personal Steering Wheel…Work Bell Quick Release…Dealer Option Sun Roof…JDM RS LED Side Mirror…JDM RS Taillight…C-One Oil Cap…C-One Radiator Cap…TRD Iridium Racing Spark Plug…Tom's Fuel Map Controller…Blitz throttle controller…GReddy Informeter Touch…MR Suspension…TRD Rear Sway Bar…MR C-Pillar Bar…GTspec Front Strut Bar & Rear Strut Bar…AFE Intake…WR Header…Nitto Mid-Pipe…Greddy Ti-C axleback…Goodridge SS Brake Line…
To do: Supercharger…
AlainMikli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #27
N9QGS

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to N9QGS Send a message via Yahoo to N9QGS
I had no clue the actual instrument cluster housed the mileage of the vehicle? I thought it would have pulled it from an external computer.... So does this mean if you unplug your instrument cluster and drive by GPS, you can keep low mileage on your instrument cluster??? seems way to easy for people to mess around. Ron
Old 05-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #28
kac

Does seem too easy.... but I'm pretty sure it is that easy.

Takes less than a minute to take it out too. Pull off three things that are just clipped in, and then remove two screws.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #29
Torito The Nazi

Drives: Toyota Yaris Blue
hey guys ive always anted to do that conversions how did u do it is it plug and play or what does it needs any wiring diagrams or something pleasee tell me
Torito The Nazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #30
Meteorite_Marty

Drives: 2008 5-door Yaris Hatchback
Why not use the original cluster until you reach the mileage reading of the second cluster? Then when you swap, the number for the mileage reading is accurate.
Meteorite_Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #31
kac

Marty, in my case I'd have to drive for over a year to catch up with the new cluster.... so that's not happening.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #32
shinlee

Drives: 07 liftback
I've driven for about 13 years without a tach on manuals. It's a better way to drive, since I think I feel the car better and am more in tune with it
Old 05-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #33
Meteorite_Marty

Drives: 2008 5-door Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Marty, in my case I'd have to drive for over a year to catch up with the new cluster.... so that's not happening.
Its not THAT long. I'd do it.
Meteorite_Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #34
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Hm, I was under the impression from prior threads the gauge cluster would pull the mileage from the cars computer. Was I correct or is this because it's metric vs. standard?
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #35
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
Quote:
Haven't seen any car inspectors in my lifetime so I'll try and keep it that way. Super easy to swap back in the stock cluster if need be, and no-one has to know this one was in it (except you guys...).
yea and your mileage is off which is going to throw an odometer fraud flag. On our AZ titles there is a section that you have to mark if the miles don't match the cluster. It raises an odometer fraud warning written on the title. I know its required to give mileage when the car goes in for inspection to renew the reg. This is the reason why i never swapped my cluster. Dont want my resale value tanking to worthless when the title is flagged for odometer fraud.

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #36
Rikster

Drives: Toyota Yaris (2010)
the usdm version never came with a digital cluster (speedometer,tachometer) right?
Rikster is offline   Reply With Quote