Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
marcus25

Drives: 2010 white sedan
WHITE Yaris paint touch up + silver dashbaord scratch repair

Hi , Im new here and I don't know if there is a thread for this issue. I just bought a beautiful 2010 white Yaris Sedan . There are some really deep and noticeable scratches on the bright silver dash panels near the radio. Other than replacing the panels is there a touch up paint or anything I can get from Toyota to make the scratches less noticeable ? In addition I have some very minor paint chips on the white paint exterior . No dents just chips .... does Toyota make a white touch up paint ? I would like to do these very minor cosmetic repairs myself to save some money since I just bought the car. Thanks for any assistance
marcus25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Buy new or used? If new take it back and let them fix, but kinda should have done that before taking poseesion. Yes they make a touchup paint for most all factory offered colors. On your plastic interior panels, as you decribe with deep scratches, those may have to removed, sanded and repainted or buy replacements. Exterior wise there is a kit now that uses factory touch up paint in the process. Check google for auto paint chip repair. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the kit.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote