Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #1
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Another Build Thread

Been a long time since I've been active on here. Even when I was on here frequently, I did more reading than posting. It's time to start reworking the Yaris so I figured I would start a thread to monitor the progress and so I have a reference of sorts. Can't find any pictures of when I first got the car back in 06' (I got one of the first ones on the lot) but here's one from around 09' when I had it on...I think they were Progressive or Progress? Something of the sorts, 2.5" drop all around and some old Racing Harts I "borrowed" from my brother.

Fast forward to around 2012

At this point, the car had been in 2 accidents, first I ran over a curb to avoid a car that ran the intersection and bent my rim and torsion beam. My torsion beam on the driver's side now has a permanent -1.5 degree camber that I corrected with shims. Had the wheels repaired and told the shop respray them back the original bronze...he gave me gold... Then I switched to Megan coilovers and added a DIY garden edge lip. Around 2014 I hydroplaned on the highway and hit one of those water barrel barricardes and caved in my passenger side quarter panel. Had that replaced and fitted a new garden lip. Can't find the pictures unfortunately

Fast forward again to late 2016 and I had installed a modified EK Civic type R lip. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the car with the lip for some reason but early this year I had this happen...

Basically, the construction workers rerouted traffic late at night (none of the street lights were working yet so it was fairly dark) and, in their infinite wisdom, rerouted the traffic into a section of road that wasn't completed yet. That unfinished road used to be a median so I ended up on top of the median and hit a chunk of it on the way off which bent my sub frame and driver's side control arm. Also wrecked the radiator support on that side.

Did some work on it a few weeks later to at least get it "legal" to drive so I could get it to my work shop.

JDM bumper Fastener...adds anout 50whp...

Good as new! Well...sort of...

Made an attempt to swap out the damaged parts a few weeks ago but couldn't figure out how to disconnect the steering rack. Saw a thread that it's done from inside the car so I'll take another shot at it once the rain stops. Been raining here for about 2 weeks straight...
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote