Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #91
ibanezjeepguy

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Liftback
the way engines are built today they can be broken in with less than a weeks worth of driving
ibanezjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:48 AM   #92
bairjo

One week of driving how many miles? Based on your reply you and I agree the car needs a break in. Just how many miles is in question. I understand why you feel that one week is good enough. The tolerances of todays cars are much tighter due to improved capabilties of machining or grinding equipment. However, that is on paper and not what is always held and passed on the shop floor. Even with a 100% inspection process, marginal product will get passed. Therefore, I have chosen to go the time proven break in process for piece of mind. It doesn't cost me anything so why not do it?
Since this is a thread on cruise control we probably should look for a thread on break in peroid for any further discusion on that subject. In the mean time, I'll be waiting for my cruise control stalk to arrive.
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #93
ibanezjeepguy

true that man, maybe a mod should wipe these last couple posts...
post back with how your stalk install goes and if you have any problems.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #94
Buddy Fan

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 door
Went to the dealer to order the stalk wire and clutch switch and was told they changed the part number for the cc stalk wire to 84633-02020. Hope this helps anyone planning this DIY.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #95
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Fan View Post
Went to the dealer to order the stalk wire and clutch switch and was told they changed the part number for the cc stalk wire to 84633-02020. Hope this helps anyone planning this DIY.
Thanks for the heads-up. I updated the thread with that info and have confirmed it via the EPC.

What's the latest pricing on the stalk, wire, and clutch switch?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #96
ibanezjeepguy

same thing happened to me a couple months ago... the dealer can easily see the older numbers. even toyota parts zone or comparable sites list the new and old numbers I believe.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #97
yarisbird

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB Bayou Blue
I just completed the installation of cruise control in my 07 hatchback using the oem stalk that I purchased from e-bay and the cruise indicator module/light and wires/pins from CTScott. The cruise control works great.

Only problem is with the indicator light. It turns on for one second when the ignition switch is turned on, but when the cruise control is turn on there is no light. I installed it according to the instructions using splice tap connectors. All of the connections are tight.

CTScott, is there any diagnostic check that you recommend to determine why the light doesn't turn on when the cruise switch is pressed? I have a digital multimeter if that helps. Thanks for all your help.
yarisbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #98
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisbird View Post
I just completed the installation of cruise control in my 07 hatchback using the oem stalk that I purchased from e-bay and the cruise indicator module/light and wires/pins from CTScott. The cruise control works great.

Only problem is with the indicator light. It turns on for one second when the ignition switch is turned on, but when the cruise control is turn on there is no light. I installed it according to the instructions using splice tap connectors. All of the connections are tight.

CTScott, is there any diagnostic check that you recommend to determine why the light doesn't turn on when the cruise switch is pressed? I have a digital multimeter if that helps. Thanks for all your help.
Just to verify:

The blue wire is connected to the wire that goes to the ECM pin and one of the wires going to the stalk?

The white wire is connected to ignition switched power?

The black wire is connected to ground?
Old 01-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #99
yarisbird

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB Bayou Blue
Yes.

The blue wire is spliced into the wire that runs from the ecm to the connector under the steering wheel. (pin #1)

The black wire is spliced to the wire that runs from this connector (pin#2) to ground.

The white wire is spliced to the pink wire on the connector under the ignition switch.
yarisbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #100
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisbird View Post
Yes.

The blue wire is spliced into the wire that runs from the ecm to the connector under the steering wheel. (pin #1)

The black wire is spliced to the wire that runs from this connector (pin#2) to ground.

The white wire is spliced to the pink wire on the connector under the ignition switch.
OK. There is something wrong with the module. PM me you shipping address again, and I'll ship you a replacement.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #101
Buddy Fan

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 door
I'll have to get you exact numbers, but it was in the range of $45 to $50 for both.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #102
Yarisonline
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris CE
Hey, I suggest trying to find that part at www.yarisparts.com ,that's where I get my parts at warehouse price. Good luck :)
Yarisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #103
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarisonline View Post
Hey, I suggest trying to find that part at www.yarisparts.com ,that's where I get my parts at warehouse price. Good luck :)
I was just curious as to what the going price is, as I picked up a couple recently for less than wholesale, that I can offer for $40 shipped.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #104
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
@CTScott : Just wanted to thank you for this DIY and wanted to tell you that my cc worked perfectly all 4000 miles cross country and that I even was able to teach my mom how to use it! (a feat in itself) But Me and My right foot thank you!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #105
bairjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarisonline View Post
I tried the websight but non the links worked for me when i clicked on any model year. Ill try again later.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #106
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairjo View Post
I tried the websight but non the links worked for me when i clicked on any model year. Ill try again later.
I have a feeling that it's a spammer. The site seems to be just a dummy front page with sharesale links at the bottom.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:33 PM   #107
teddy

Drives: 2008 5-door hatchback
Send a message via MSN to teddy
I finally finished getting my CC wired up, Canadian 2008 hatchback. Thanks to Scott and everyone else who's contributed.

I will post some pics of the work in the near future. Probably took me a good 4 hours in total because I really had no idea what I was doing, drilling a hole in side of the steering wheel, inserting the pins at the end of the spiral cable, etc.

Probably going to do this on my Mother-in-law's 2007 sedan since she also has the Rostra unit and can get it removed by the dealer for a full refund.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #108
bairjo

Well i just installed my cruise control thanks to the DIY info on this thread. I video taped it step by step. Do you think anyone wants to see this? I think it would encourage even the novice mechanic to take this on.