Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-12-2016, 06:40 PM   #217
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis View Post
hello.i have a 2016 1.33-VVTi Active 1NR-FE automatic eur model right hand drive.does anyone know if i only need the stalk?
Correct - You just need the stalk and the replacement steering wheel side trim piece.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #218
Toy Yoda Yaris

Drives: 2014 Yaris L
Got the stalk from Scott for $50 and the trim piece for $5-he was very fast with shipping and easy to communicate with. I have the base US model with no buttons on the steering wheel, and installation was a breeze. Park with the steering wheel upside down to make it a little easier to get to the pins that release the airbag and steering wheel cover. The photos were really helpful to know what the release pins for the steering wheel look like/where they were so it only took a minute to take it off. I disconnected the battery and let it sit for half an hour just to be safe, but once I got the airbag off I just held/balanced it on the wheel while I installed the stalk, didn't bother doing anything to disconnect it completely. With the airbag off there was just one 4-pin connection and a horn wire to connect, would have been almost impossible to mess up. This saved me so much $$, and probably only took 15 minutes in total.
Toy Yoda Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #219
marspike

Drives: Yaris 2014, Y. HSD 2013
Hello Everyone,

Since I've installed an used switch cruise control on my second Yaris 2013. Led cruise control cluster blinking (https://youtu.be/055DBpCVR6A ) . Does I need change stalk cruise crontol ? Or does exist something to fix it ?
Thanks for your help.
marspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:21 PM   #220
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by marspike View Post
Hello Everyone,

Since I've installed an used switch cruise control on my second Yaris 2013. Led cruise control cluster blinking (https://youtu.be/055DBpCVR6A ) . Does I need change stalk cruise crontol ? Or does exist something to fix it ?
Thanks for your help.
Does your Yaris have the 1.33 L engine?
Old 05-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #221
marspike

Drives: Yaris 2014, Y. HSD 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Does your Yaris have the 1.33 L engine?
Hello Mr Scott,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Hum I believe that's it. It's a manual 99 horses power vvti. I put on a Verso-s (Ractis, NSP120 100VVTI same engine and manual transmission)
switch cruise control find on car's mum to new yaris. Light blinking. Verso-s is little more largest car based on yaris chassis. Some pieces can be able the Yaris 2012 that's dealer have said.
A second try with switch cruise control on my first yaris 2013 D4d and light blinking yet.
Does the problem come from the multiplex whose doesn't support additional plugging?
Or any stalk cruise control can be fix this problem?
marspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:37 PM   #222
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by marspike View Post
Hello Mr Scott,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Hum I believe that's it. It's a manual 99 horses power vvti. I put on a Verso-s (Ractis, NSP120 100VVTI same engine and manual transmission)
switch cruise control find on car's mum to new yaris. Light blinking. Verso-s is little more largest car based on yaris chassis. Some pieces can be able the Yaris 2012 that's dealer have said.
A second try with switch cruise control on my first yaris 2013 D4d and light blinking yet.
Does the problem come from the multiplex whose doesn't support additional plugging?
Or any stalk cruise control can be fix this problem?
Only the 1.33L Yaris has built in cruise control. The 1.0L and 1.4L D4D do not.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:32 PM   #223
panayiotis

Drives: yaris 2016

Everything perfect and for me.special thanks to Gagi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #224
Kiran
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 2012
2012 1.0 yaris TR VVT-i manual cruise control

hi guys,

my first post ever on a car forum.

purchased my first ever yaris which I'm so pleased with. desperate to have the cruise control on the car so i purchased it from eBay for like £19.

its arrived, i removed the air bag, connected the stalk and the connector into the unused four pin slot on the right of the ten pin connector.

set everything back up, and the cruise light won't come on. I'm so upset. please tell me what it could be!

my engine code is 1KFR.

its a 1litre petrol manual
2012 plate
has the touch and go system with the bluetooth call buttons on the right of the steering wheel aswell.

awaiting your expert advice!

thanks
Kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:26 PM   #225
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran View Post
hi guys,

my first post ever on a car forum.

purchased my first ever yaris which I'm so pleased with. desperate to have the cruise control on the car so i purchased it from eBay for like £19.

its arrived, i removed the air bag, connected the stalk and the connector into the unused four pin slot on the right of the ten pin connector.

set everything back up, and the cruise light won't come on. I'm so upset. please tell me what it could be!

my engine code is 1KFR.

its a 1litre petrol manual
2012 plate
has the touch and go system with the bluetooth call buttons on the right of the steering wheel aswell.

awaiting your expert advice!

thanks

Only the 1.33L European Yaris have cruise control built into the ECM. Your car does not, so the kit will not work. You would need a complete aftermarket solution to have cruise control on your car.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #226
panayiotis

Drives: yaris 2016
the hybrid yaris has built for cruise control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:48 PM   #227
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis View Post
the hybrid yaris has built for cruise control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. The hybrid does have cruise control built in.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:02 PM   #228
nikotroyota

Drives: yaris
Hello CTScott, i own a 2012 yaris with 1nr-fe engine and 6-speed manual transmission. My steering wheel has both audio and bluetooth buttons and today i installed the cruise control stalk with no success. i plugged the 4-pin connector in the empty slot next to the 10-pin connector but the light does not come on when i press the on- off button. The only difference i noticed from the previously posted photos is that the airbag has only one orange connector, not two. Everything else looks the same. Any idea?
nikotroyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #229
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikotroyota View Post
Hello CTScott, i own a 2012 yaris with 1nr-fe engine and 6-speed manual transmission. My steering wheel has both audio and bluetooth buttons and today i installed the cruise control stalk with no success. i plugged the 4-pin connector in the empty slot next to the 10-pin connector but the light does not come on when i press the on- off button. The only difference i noticed from the previously posted photos is that the airbag has only one orange connector, not two. Everything else looks the same. Any idea?
Yes. As mentioned many times in this thread - The only European Yaris which have cruise control functionality built in are ones with the 1.33 L engine. Your Yaris does not have that engine and therefore does not have cruise control capability.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:27 AM   #230
scmoky

Drives: Yaris 2012
My CC-light to not working, but otherwise CC works flawless :) You must test on the road.
scmoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:05 AM   #231
nikotroyota

Drives: yaris
Thank you for your fast replies but my engine IS the 1,33 L variant- 1329 cc to be exact. This is why I am confused. I did not know that this could be the case meaning the cruise control can work at the same time the light remains unlit. Has anyone else experience the same situation?
nikotroyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:10 PM   #232
neofitos

Drives: Yaris 1.3 2012
hey everyone!

I am from greece, i have a french made yaris 2012, 1.3.

I installed ebay oem cruise control stalk , the clutch switch is already in place.
But it does not work :( .

No light comes on when pressing the on/off , nothing happens if i try to test it while driving.Is there any fuse i should check? i have read the entire thread ,but i did not find anything usefull.
Any help is appreciated!
neofitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:42 PM   #233
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofitos View Post
hey everyone!

I am from greece, i have a french made yaris 2012, 1.3.

I installed ebay oem cruise control stalk , the clutch switch is already in place.
But it does not work :( .

No light comes on when pressing the on/off , nothing happens if i try to test it while driving.Is there any fuse i should check? i have read the entire thread ,but i did not find anything usefull.
Any help is appreciated!
Interesting that both of the Greek 1.33 are not working. Can either of you give me the part number of your ECM (engine computer)?
Old 09-30-2016, 11:57 PM   #234
neofitos

Drives: Yaris 1.3 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Interesting that both of the Greek 1.33 are not working. Can either of you give me the part number of your ECM (engine computer)?

#update
just came back from my night shift and i had the chance to try it again in open road. Cruise control works fine , i made mistake with on/off and clicking the set button the fist time yesterday.

the cc light does not work though. i guess there is no way of fixing it, right?
neofitos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise control. 2012