Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2008, 09:04 AM   #1
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
MPG Mystery SOLVED!

Okay; I'm a dipstick... Was driving some guys around for the first time since I got the car and was complaining mighily about my disappointing mileage... One remarked that the engine seemed to be running awfully hard and fast; then they started listening for the gears to shift (it's a automatic) and determined that they weren't shifting correctly... Of course I'm having visions of days and weeks spent taking this LEMON back and forth to the dealer or arguing with them about replacing the car when someone noticed my gearshift... Apparently I've been driving it in "3" all this time instead of "D" (I thought it was kind of strange that I had to pull it down and then over, but figured this was just *more* bad design). Boy, did that engine ever settle down and drive smooth after that (also takes care of the "loud engine" complaint), and the guys also all assured me my mileage would improve from now on...

Just goes to show; sometimes it takes a guy!!!

Last edited by otterhere; 12-12-2008 at 09:18 AM.