Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #181
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpalai View Post
I am still new to this setup and am strill learning about it. I just know that I LOVE IT!! LOVE driving the car now even more. Thanks! rpalai
rpalai,

Please feel free to start new threads when you have questions. The community of supercharged Yarii is growing fast and is very helpful.

I'm glad you're enjoying your new-found torque, especially at the low end of the RPM scale. I drive 25% of the time with the setting on 25% throttle. The remainder of the time I leave it at 50% throttle.

I've posted my dyno charts in the Performance forum. I've also recently posted a video of the air/fuel mixture reading at various levels of boost.

Long
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #182
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
LtNoogie, I was thinking about this earlier today: I know that for centrifugal superchargers you have the option of putting a slightly smaller pulley on the unit to increase boost. Do you think that could be done with the Blitz unit?
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #183
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ No, it can't be done. This is because the Blitz pulley is a clutch pulley. You'd have to redesign the whole thing with a smaller pulley -- very expensive proposition.

You COULD just put a fixed pulley on it, but then your on/off/lo/med/hi switch wouldn't work, and the tune might not be right with the fuel controller's map, either.

The other way to blow more boost is to use a larger crank pulley. NST is working on the idea.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:29 AM   #184
LtNoogie

^What he said. Some Blitz'd owners are playing with putting a larger throttle body on the intake side. Others are installing larger exhaust pipes and low-flow mufflers to let the system breathe easier. I don't know of a way to squeeze more boost out the compressor.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #185
rpalai

Drives: 2008 NEW Yaris 2-door Liftback
Hello everyone. I am trying to get my boost gauge to work but so far no good! All I canget on the gauge is vacuum. NO boost reading. I tried the gauge hooked up to the PCV hose.... NO BOOST. Then I tried cannister purge hose....NO BOOST reading here either. Can anyone suggest any place that I can hook up the gauge so I can read boost?
I am at my wita end with this. Thank you.
rpalai
rpalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #186
LtNoogie

Quote:
Hello everyone. I am trying to get my boost gauge to work but so far no good! All I canget on the gauge is vacuum. NO boost reading. I tried the gauge hooked up to the PCV hose.... NO BOOST. Then I tried cannister purge hose....NO BOOST reading here either. Can anyone suggest any place that I can hook up the gauge so I can read boost?
rpalai
On your Blitz intake manifold, you screwed in a threaded brass plug during installation. It sits right below the air intake tube. To add a vacuum/boost gauge, you unscrew that plug and screw in the brass nipple that came with the kit. Your vacuum hose goes on that nipple.

I can take a picture later if you haven't found it.

Long
Old 03-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #187
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
^What he said. Some Blitz'd owners are playing with putting a larger throttle body on the intake side. Others are installing larger exhaust pipes and low-flow mufflers to let the system breathe easier. I don't know of a way to squeeze more boost out the compressor.
Really the only option would be a pully on squeezing out more, but from the looks of how much space there is to play with, it's not going to happen
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #188
Saggio
Top Notch!

Drives: 2008
Would in be bad to install the 1ZZFE TB when installing this Supercharger?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #189
LtNoogie

Quote:
Can anyone suggest any place that I can hook up the gauge so I can read boost?

rpalai
This is where you tap into the intake manifold for a boost gauge.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #190
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
that's a perty picture
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:53 AM   #191
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
well it *is* a picture of a nipple...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #192
rpalai

CAN ANYONE OUT THERE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO RE-SET THE S-MODEL (WITH TACH) DASH CLUSTER "MAINTAINANCE REQUIRED" LIGHT THAT COMES ON AFTER 10,000 MILES AND DOES SO AGAIN EVERY 5,000 MILES PER TOYOTA. EVEN THEY COULD NOT TELL ME HOW TO RE-SET IT. I could not find it in the owner's manual either.
PLEASE SEND ME A PM (MY USERNAME IS rpalai) or email me at rpalais@tampabay.rr.com

Thanks!
rpalai
Old 07-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #193
rpalai

Fuel economy with Supercharger

Hello out there. I know that many Yaris owners have installed the Blitz Supercharger system. I did so as well. Love it! Except, I have a question re. the fuel ecnomy afterwards. Now, I do expect some decrease in economy, but mine has REALLY dropped. Even driving it normally to light, my gas mileage has dropped by no less than 6 mpg. I just need to know if this is normal after installing a Blitz Blower and driving it light to normally? Switch is in low position all the time as it is most comfortable to drive that way.
Pls advise. Thanks!
RKP
Old 07-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #194
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
"low" means the s/c is on most of the time, if I understand correctly. Meaning, it comes on at a "lower" throttle position, or sooner.

what mileage do you get with it "off"?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #195
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
having it on "low" means it engages almost all the time. if you are running an entire tank with it switched on "low," don't be surprised you aren't getting good gas mileage. I would think maybe 24-28mpg?
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #196
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
How odd... since installing the s/c my mpg has gone up, though just 1-3 mpg on avg.
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:40 AM   #197
LtNoogie

I run mine on Medium and it only kicks in when I need the extra acceleration. What I don't like about the Low setting is that while I'm feathering the throttle to maintain speed, the clutch engages and disengages more than I would like.

My gas mileage in the Medium setting ranges from 32 mpg to 37 mpg a tank depending on the amount of freeway driving.