Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #73
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I PMed the admins three days ago. I'm not gonna be a mod anymore. Thanks Peter, you convinced me.

Tamago might prove to be helpful w/ FI applications down the road. What are you going to do again? Post a video? Relax dude... hes got your number, get over it.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #74
ChinoCharles
Banned

So Russel, when are YOU gonna turbo your Yaris?!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #75
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I don't know Peter, YOU TELL US. LOL
P

W

N

T

hey peterpoop, come join www.floridastreetscene.net
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #76
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
your dog still isn't safe...
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #77
ChinoCharles
Banned

The Greyhound or the Border Collie?

HUH?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #78
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
your dog still isn't safe...
Who are you, the wicked witch of the west?
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #79
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
I PMed the admins three days ago. I'm not gonna be a mod anymore. Thanks Peter, you convinced me.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #80
ChinoCharles
Banned

Peter, tell me one thing... how old are you? Its killing me.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #81
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Come on guys - you're supposed to be beating on Russel-the-Irate not on each other.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #82
ChinoCharles
Banned

You guys just haven't come to understand the Florida boys yet. Telling Russel or Tamago they suck is like saying "Hey baby, want a massage? C'mere."
Old 04-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #83
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Drives: MY07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
So Russel, when are YOU gonna turbo your Yaris?!
I've been thinking about it. It'll always be a desire, but it wont become a reality (for the Black Yaris) for a long while (unless all the kinks get worn out). I don't want to be a guinea pig for a turbo setup on the Yaris. Would rather play around with suspension/wheels.

Plus I'm still leaning towards competing in STS (Solo 2 SCCA class) with the Yaris, it'll help me curb my desire to spend $$ unnecessarily.

already got the Coils and the Wheels, just need to get a CG lock and seat time.

I'm familiar enough with turbo motors that I like to keep tabs on it all, plus after riding in Tamago's VF39 power'd 1nzfe it is damn tempting, but SCCA classing on an armature level has allowed me to keep the spending down on the STI hopefully it'll do the same for the Yaris. :)

as the saying goes, we shall see.

that HKS kit looks promising, but honestly I'm not certain enough about EM to do it.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #84
Tamago

EM would be fine in a yaris. i mean, besides national competition, who are you gonna be up against? no one brings a car in under E mod..

i've beaten an NSX who was A mod...... accidentally ended up in his class... and still beat him.. so.... EM is a good place to be.

don't do street tire. the point is to have fun, and who has fun on street tires, seriously?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #85
ChinoCharles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russelt3hPirate View Post
I've been thinking about it. It'll always be a desire, but it wont become a reality (for the Black Yaris) for a long while (unless all the kinks get worn out). I don't want to be a guinea pig for a turbo setup on the Yaris. Would rather play around with suspension/wheels.

Plus I'm still leaning towards competing in STS (Solo 2 SCCA class) with the Yaris, it'll help me curb my desire to spend $$ unnecessarily.

already got the Coils and the Wheels, just need to get a CG lock and seat time.

I'm familiar enough with turbo motors that I like to keep tabs on it all, plus after riding in Tamago's VF39 power'd 1nzfe it is damn tempting, but SCCA classing on an armature level has allowed me to keep the spending down on the STI hopefully it'll do the same for the Yaris. :)

as the saying goes, we shall see.

that HKS kit looks promising, but honestly I'm not certain enough about EM to do it.
You're the guys that we need to be the guinea pigs. I'm worthless as a guinea pig... if you're in Ohio and you don't drive a 'Stang or a 'Vette you can't even drive into half of the dyno shops. The other half aren't willing to hop on the guinea pig band wagon.

If I could find a shop willing to figure it out and not murder me on the price within about 5 states I'd do it, but when they ask "what are you using" and I explain exactly whats going on they shy away.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #86
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
EM would be fine in a yaris. i mean, besides national competition, who are you gonna be up against? no one brings a car in under E mod..

i've beaten an NSX who was A mod...... accidentally ended up in his class... and still beat him.. so.... EM is a good place to be.

don't do street tire. the point is to have fun, and who has fun on street tires, seriously?
Engine Management.......

I'm going back to street tires to improve the driver ability, get rid of my old habits from 275s....haha
Old 04-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #87
Tamago

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

E mod
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #88
Tamago

Quote:
You're the guys that we need to be the guinea pigs. I'm worthless as a guinea pig... if you're in Ohio and you don't drive a 'Stang or a 'Vette you can't even drive into half of the dyno shops. The other half aren't willing to hop on the guinea pig band wagon.

If I could find a shop willing to figure it out and not murder me on the price within about 5 states I'd do it, but when they ask "what are you using" and I explain exactly whats going on they shy away.
once i'm in TN i'm closer, feel free to come down, i'll have a shop by then, and worthy of a visit
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #89
ChinoCharles
Banned

Oh, its on. Whenish?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:29 PM   #90
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Quote:

well Tamago proved the stock block can handle some abuse, and he offered to setup the turbo in the Yaris. Can't afford the downtime on the car currently.

Maybe one of these days when we figure out EM (Engine Management) we'll play around with slapping a turbo on.

I'd prefer to have a fully functioning EM setup in an N/A yaris before even attempting F/I but that's just me.