Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #19
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Looks like a show car that would decimate all at the track!

He said it isn't his de, but if that was mine It'd drive it everywhere.
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #20
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Can't wait to see track times after it's tuned up!
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #21
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Orginally was just to make the fastest first gen Xb on a 1.5l motor. Now it's become more of a well built street car that can handle well.

I do alot of corporate shows for Scion so I think the more extreme it is the better response I will get. Plus it's kinda nice knowing you got the best of everything (in my opinion) under the hood and under the body inside and out.

The car is just for fun no real worries about what to do with it.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #22
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
No worries?

For the price of and Audi S4, stacked, or a fully-built EVO, I would think I would "worry" about it quite a bit. l2ms

Sweet ride, bro.
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:56 AM   #23
xbgod
Banned

I cant look at it that way, this has been done over a 4 year time span so the money has been put out in pieces at a time. and besides someone's gotta do it.

This has just been a journey to see how well built and nice it could be done. Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Yes it's been expensive but I've been fortunate to be able to do this. I've also made alot of head way for others by doing this. So I think it's been well worth it.

XBG
Old 09-11-2010, 04:05 AM   #24
xbgod
Banned

Heres a pic of my dash....This is what it did look like, the new dash is underway. New tricks up my sleve...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg avb-scion00011-550x412.jpg (54.6 KB, 421 views)
File Type: jpg th_102_1275.jpg (4.6 KB, 417 views)
Old 09-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #25
xbgod
Banned

PETERPOOP.....was meaning to tell you, Your Yaris nicely done. Very clean and it sits well.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #26
xbgod
Banned

Here are some pics of the full stand-alone unit in my car. This is a Microtech set-up with Nology hot wires and Bosch Coil packs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LT10s.jpg (6.2 KB, 413 views)
File Type: jpg X4box.jpg (8.1 KB, 412 views)
File Type: jpg bosch.jpg (6.4 KB, 411 views)
File Type: jpg Dashnew.jpg (6.8 KB, 409 views)
File Type: gif hondahotwire.gif (39.5 KB, 412 views)
Old 09-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #27
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
PETERPOOP.....was meaning to tell you, Your Yaris nicely done. Very clean and it sits well.
Oh hey thanks! hehe.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #28
xbgod
Banned

Remember people, just because you have nice parts and things that shine dosen't make it just a show car. It just means you have the ability to have those expensive parts as well as make it perform.

Here is a pic of a close-up of my motor showing the direct port Nitrous set up that I had welded in on the Weapon-R intake manifold. The blue tape is where the nitous feeds are going. Also all those interested in a clean nitrous set up, I've included a pic of the billet rail I'm using that holds all 3 noids. Makes for a clean install.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04454.jpg (188.3 KB, 402 views)
File Type: jpg nytrex-solenoid-triplethreat_0.jpg (10.0 KB, 400 views)
Old 09-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #29
rob323
Don't drive it, RALLY it!

Drives: 1999 echo PRC rally car
Quote:
Here are some pics of the full stand-alone unit in my car. This is a Microtech set-up with Nology hot wires and Bosch Coil packs.
What made you go with Microtech? There are certainly better aftermarket management systems produced in Australia.
rob323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #30
xbgod
Banned

Been using microtech for years. Orginally because it was my only real option 4 years ago. I tried the Greddy stuff back then and it sucked so bad I threw it in the garbage. Microtech is simple, it's in your face raw racing power, it's like MSD on steroids. no MAF sensor to worry about or other sensors to worry about. Microtech sees all my other sensors without issues and tunning is breeze. Also when seeking a tunner you need to also see what they tune with the best and that their not just guessing with your shit. I chose this system based on having a tunner that is certified in this system and a system that was reliable.

Yes there are newer and better systems out now and once I'm done if I'm not totally happy I will be going to Motec. This sysem will run me about 9,000.00 installed and tunned with all the features I would need. Motec is alacarte so every option cost you. I have the money to do this change but I want to see how things go this way first, before I spend another 9G.

XBG
Old 09-13-2010, 01:03 AM   #31
rob323
Don't drive it, RALLY it!

Drives: 1999 echo PRC rally car
Will Microtech interface with a knock sensor yet?
rob323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #32
xbgod
Banned

Good question and I'll be honest I don't even know if I have mine hooked up that way or not. I've gotten so good at listening for detonation that I back off when tunning. Not to mention I use Racing fuel when I'm tunning. Thats the other beauty of not having this as my daily driver is I can run race fuel and not worry about the expense.

I know some things have changed for the Microtech set-up so I'll find out for you about the knock sensor.

Also keep in mind I may not be running the VVTI like most do. I'm going to use such a wild cam that I will more than likely not run VVTI.

I've been running my set-up like VVT instead of a VVTI application as it stands right now. Remember I'm not using a MAF sensor. My set-up is race oriented. I don't care about fuel economy and I make up for the torque with my cams. These are two things that are usually related towards the VVTI which is responsable for both.

XBG
Old 09-13-2010, 05:44 PM   #33
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
interesting points of view in this thread, and lots of stock-photos of parts........
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:52 AM   #34
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Quote:
Been using microtech for years. Orginally because it was my only real option 4 years ago. I tried the Greddy stuff back then and it sucked so bad I threw it in the garbage. Microtech is simple, it's in your face raw racing power, it's like MSD on steroids. no MAF sensor to worry about or other sensors to worry about. Microtech sees all my other sensors without issues and tunning is breeze. Also when seeking a tunner you need to also see what they tune with the best and that their not just guessing with your shit. I chose this system based on having a tunner that is certified in this system and a system that was reliable.

Yes there are newer and better systems out now and once I'm done if I'm not totally happy I will be going to Motec. This sysem will run me about 9,000.00 installed and tunned with all the features I would need. Motec is alacarte so every option cost you. I have the money to do this change but I want to see how things go this way first, before I spend another 9G.

XBG

I don't know Microtech but I am sure Haltech is better. It has about the same capabilities of a Motec engine managment. Currently Installed on my yaris although still needs tuning. Will post a dyno sheet next week probably.
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #35
xbgod
Banned

Haltech is for sure better than Microtech. My issue is I've been using Microtech for 4 years and have built more of a race motor and only using VVT. If at some point I need to change it will be for Motec.

There seems to be a certain ass-clown who has a car with 2 dicks hanging out the ass-end for tale pipes. Who seems to think because orginal photos of parts were published that I must not have them. Little hard to take pics of parts when your in Iraq. Any question about how much money I have to spend on parts call Paul at Dezod, whom I'm real good friends with...He'll tell you my pockets have almost no bottom when it comes to parts. Like the pic of the axels that I bought from him.

You my friend have a big mouth and most people here can't stand you, which reflects all the private PM's I get from guys telling me so. do your self a favor go join the MR2 convention.

I'm more than likely going to take a heat round from a MOD for this but I have too many people telling me that this shit has to end.

XBG
Old 09-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #36
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
I agree with you on the parts. Quality cannot be an option on cars and behind that is your insurance for your motors life and yours included.

Keep up the good work and don't forget to leave some cash for the kids.
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote