Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #37
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Well said bro.

And I sure am grateful that my kids love the track and car shows; mainly for all the carnival food but hey, they enjoy looking at the rides and picking out cars they'd love to have. Their next on my to spoil list along with the wife that puts up with this.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #38
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Any videos of the car?
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #39
xbgod
Banned

Not on me right now and the one I do have at home is like 2 years old and thats if I can find it. Going to be doing a new video of the car at the shop as well as when it's getting tuned on the Dyno. Just finished talking to my tunner Rolo to set up the time in Nov to do this. Should be good and I'll also be able to let you all know how the gude head package holds up.

XBG
Old 09-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #40
The Spectacle

Drives: 08 BSP LB
Lot of money in this car. Looking forward to the end result
Old 09-15-2010, 03:08 PM   #41
xbgod
Banned

Me too. I think it'll do just fine. Then I can move on to all my body work and update my interrior.

XBG
Old 09-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #42
rob323
Don't drive it, RALLY it!

Drives: 1999 echo PRC rally car
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
Haltech is for sure better than Microtech. My issue is I've been using Microtech for 4 years and have built more of a race motor and only using VVT. If at some point I need to change it will be for Motec.
Agreed, better to use something you are familiar with than to use something you are not.
I have had bad experiences with Microtech on other cars due to inaudible detonation and blown head gaskets and any future systems I use will have to be able to do automatic knock retard (eg, Adaptronic, Vipec, Autronic etc, there are plenty of other options other than Motec).

There can be good gains had by utilising the continuously variable valve timing if you ever change to a system that can control it, but you will have to manually check you clearances to know just how far you can advance and retard the cam before the valves smash the pistons.
rob323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #43
xbgod
Banned

I've done well with Microtech but the best thing I can say is to definatley have a tuner experienced in what ever ECU you decide to buy and that he's not winging it. My tuner Rolo who owns CFT went to Australia to be qualified on this system at Microtech.

Can't wait to get home and get underway. I've got work inside and out to do. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you at some of the shows this up coming year. Also I'll be at PRI in Orlando to attend the trade show; so if anyone is going let me know.

XBG
Old 09-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #44
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
just realized you are in Florida. Might be taking a trip down to Orlando soon. You think your bud Rolo could tune my Yaris :)
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #45
xbgod
Banned

Depending on Engine management we can use him or go 5 miles down the road to King performance.

Either way we would be back to Rolo's shop to use the MD500 Dyno. "The King of Dyno's"

Rolo is qualified in these management systems: Microtech,AEM, Greddy,Chrom,HKS, Hondata, Haltech

Let me know

XBG
Old 09-23-2010, 01:20 AM   #46
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
xb

I hope none of these tools that were ripping you at MI post in here.

I get the feeling that they were pretty jealous of your build so they shot there e-peens over there lol

http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...ed-build/page2
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #47
xbgod
Banned

Wes,

I never worry about jack-asses like that. Those that chime-in like that after they see my stuff are usually just pissed because I beat them to it. And I must say I love the the whole why don't you run a block guard?
.....Hmmmmm....mabey because I have a sleeved block and don't need one. Those guys are straight fucktards. I think I've made it pretty clear what I'm capable of doing. Which is to say there is nothing I can't do. And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats.

I've taken my fair-share of bullshit from people but hey I've been on Speed-vision 11 times, have had my XB in the booths at 3 years of PRI in orlando,Fl. Have been featured in Modz365 magazine have been recognized by TRD, have been the main feature at all the Scion events in Fl. And have yet to loose to any Toyota / Lexus at a car show to-date.

Now thats me talking smak but I've paid my dues and have helped pave the way for parts that were unheard of untill people like my self, Brian Crower and Paul Dezod started testing and producing parts before this ever got popular. The crower rods everyone loves...yeah...Brian and I had them tested in my car and ready for production since 2005.

I've made my goals and have set the standard. It's now time for me to help others achive there dreams and get them in winning seat.

I do this now because I enjoy watching others make their rides bad-ass. I have nothing to prove. I've already been where most are trying to go and I will help others get there.

It's not about me anymore, it's about our whole club and getting everyone their.

XBG
Old 09-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #48
sleey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats.
Quote of the Century right there!!! HAHAHAHA LOL!!

And it is now added to my signature to be a timeless classis!!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #49
sleey0

It's all good, Aras.

I just don't know why they were calling you a douchbag. You didn't say anything stupid or be a troll in that forum so the only thing I could think of was they were hating.

You have been very, VERY helpful to me and my annoying questions! lol

So you are allright in my book, bro:D
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 09-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #50
xbgod
Banned

I didn't even know that forum existed. They were talking trash on that forum before they even knew who I was. It wasn't till someone from Scikotics told me about it before I took a look at that site and posted like 3 times and not once did I bash anyone.

I think Garm was the only one who had anything real positive to say on that site if memory serves me correct.

But hey their loss, there all so smart over there than can figure it out for them selves.

You guys on the other hand...great crowd, good humor. Anyone can be keyboard tough. I tell'em drag your shit to one of the shows;I get paid more to just let it sit in a booth than to take it down the track.

I'm a huge people person at any track or trade show. I'm willing to give more stuff away than I am concerned about selling you a line of shit. It's all about taking care of each other bro.

XBG
Old 09-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #51
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I think Garm was the only one who had anything real positive to say on that site if memory serves me correct.
Not true. And the thread was cleaned up.

Quote:
I took a look at that site and posted like 3 times and not once did I bash anyone.
You posted one introduction thread, to which you received 100% respectful replies.

Let's keep it real, ok?

xbg has some good knowledge and has been appropriately complimented on his unfinished but sick build. Can we just move on instead of dragging up crap?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #52
xbgod
Banned

And your right bro. no reason to drag crap around. And now that I went back and looked again it was one of the same shit-heads that started crap here too.

Gotta love those guys...Anyways I see it's your site so understandable for the chime-in. You can't police the world, there will always be those that try to make things difficult.

Well guys almost ready to get back to business with this build. Getting stateside very soon.

Lets keep it positive no more negative Nancy's

XBG
Old 09-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #53
xbgod
Banned

I retract my last,

That shit is still on your site...cleaned up my ass. Unless I'm Hellen Keller the link Wes provided it's still active.

XBG
Old 09-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #54
xbgod
Banned

Should any of you guys need parts of any kind for your 1NZ-FE motors. Let me know. I don't have to keep any overhead or buy-in's for good prices.

XBG