Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Sleey0's Turbo Projec!

As requested all answers and issues will be discussed here.

Met a guy that has a shop, access to dyno, can pull engine and do pistons and rods, and is willing to do it all! Works out great as he is near me:) Forget the 85$/hr stuff 90 miles away.

Cliff, buddy, you are my savior!

So here goes:
1ZZ or Tc injectors
Denso Ik22's (already bought new for $25. Gotta LOVE amazon lol)
Zage kit minus oil pan and IC (mushimoto - anyone know which will fit I have a link.)
AEM FIC
AEK METH KIT
Crower Rods and pistons (xbg - please contact me ASAP)
All guages necessary like boost, wideband, etc

Can we use the gloshift oil filter sandwhich adapter for feed only or can it be used for oil pressure reading?

We are also going to drill my block for return. Stock oil pan to the rescue!!!

My buddy has an idea for those pesky AC lines next to the ecu - use t-pipe or 90 deg elbow and either some stainless or AC rated rubber lines to move out the way. He said that would be cake.

Also, I MIGHT move the OEM ecu into the cabin by the glovebox or Heat shield it really good if left in the engine bay.

The dude can paint, has access to lifts, and will also tune the car with the Dyno either free or for darn cheap.

METH KIT- Going to most likely use the spare tire well and if u haven't already noticed there is a grommet in there that allows access to under the chassis.

So, Anything missing? Any thoughts?

This project will be ongoing and I might play with a Blitz sc first until the rest of my funds come in to do the turbo.

Also, would pistons/rods/sleeves be a good idea right off the bat or wait?

EDIT: Scrapped

Anything else?

Any info or bashing whatever. Just speak your mind here.

Love these boards and wish me luck!!!!! I will need it although Cliff has been working on cars, boosted or not, for years.

Oh, and he also welds and can get me a dowpipe-back exhaust made for cheap!

Things just turned for the better today folks!!!!!!!

"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010

Last edited by sleey0; 10-05-2010 at 09:57 AM.
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Didn't even read it yet but.

HALLELUJAH

Now answer my question in the other thread.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
Can we use the gloshift oil filter sandwhich adapter for feed only or can it be used for oil pressure reading? Both. Do it.

We are also going to drill my block for return. Stock oil pan to the rescue!!! If I wasn't lazy I'd have done the same.

My buddy has an idea for those pesky AC lines next to the ecu - use t-pipe or 90 deg elbow and either some stainless or AC rated rubber lines to move out the way. He said that would be cake.
Uh, just disconnect them, install turbo, reconnect lines. Recharge and you're set?

Also, I MIGHT move the OEM ecu into the cabin by the glovebox or Heat shield it really good if left in the engine bay. Nah, ECU will be fine unless you're running a campfire under the hood. O2 wires are another story though.

The dude can paint, has access to lifts, and will also tune the car with the Dyno either free or for darn cheap. North NJ sucks.

METH KIT- Going to most likely use the spare tire well and if u haven't already noticed there is a grommet in there that allows access to under the chassis.
You sir, will be the guinnea pig for this. If all goes well I'll follow suite. DON'T BACK OUT.

So, Anything missing? Any thoughts?

This project will be ongoing and I might play with a Blitz sc first until the rest of my funds come in to do the turbo. Ok.

Also, would pistons/rods/sleeves be able to hold up a twin charged engine around 13-15psi? Uhh....

I am thinking of a large fixed pulley on the blitz to make low boost for instant power (say 3psi max). Then let the blower take over after 2k RPM's. Just a thought as no one has done it, and prolly for good reason. Interesting, immediate low end increase. Methinks it's money wasted though if you have a quick spooling turbo.

Or is there more I will need to do?

Any info or bashing whatever. Just speak your mind here. Ok.

Love these boards and wish me luck!!!!! I will need it although Cliff has been working on cars, boosted or not, for years. Luck to you.

Oh, and he also welds and can get me a dowpipe-back exhaust made for cheap! Delicious.

Things just turned for the better today folks!!!!!!! Yay.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
If you need a Blitz, I have mine for sale dirt cheap!! Check the link below
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #5
sleey0

Thanks focus!

I knew you were just in my same sit not too long ago so you can relate to what I am going thru right now.

RE; twin charge. I MAY be able to get a dirt cheap blower and was just going to do it for show competitions, mainly.

Plus, since the Zage is dirt cheap, like garm said it gives you more $$ to spend eslewhere. lol

Thank you, focus. My name is Wes, BTW.

I like to be more personal. I don't call garm cali_yaris and RARELy call Aras xbg (well, it's shorter so meh??)

Thank you all for inspiring me to do this project!!!

Still need to know what amount of $$ I am looking at for pistons and rods. Hopefully Aras will let me know:)
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Everyone wants to do something crazy and something that no one has done yet, like XBGod. Its part of being human. I wanted to do K16 turbos on my S4, I got it done, made 10psi, didn't have time to fix the issues so I did something tried and true. I didn't know why I tried that, the car is ridiculously fast now on bolt on turbos.

Do the turbo first, enjoy it for a while and see how you like it. With a small engine like this on a GT25 turbo it will be zippy enough that a supercharger won't really make a lick of difference.

If you are going to do pistons and rods you should be able to push enough power to make anyone happy.

Try to find a cheap beater in the mean time to drive. Atleast some $400 junk box on craigslist.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
sleey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Sh1ft View Post
Didn't even read it yet but.

HALLELUJAH

Now answer my question in the other thread.

What question in what thread lol.

Confused....

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Meth kit should be closer to the motor. DO NOT run it outside. In stock btw.

No need to move the ECU.

Add a vented hood and an exhaust system to your list.

I will have oil sandwich adaptors in stock next week.

twin charging a Yaris is smart to make history and dumb to make power.

at 13 psi, you will need a fuel pump, larger injectors and possibly a return line. I know the stock pump gives up right about there.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #9
sleey0

Well where in the ln the engine bay does.a gallon tank fit? Engine bay is the size of a cerial box!

And no i am not using the windshield washer tank.

Please enligbten me garm lol.

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Mine is behind the passenger seat. Check where Echo put his in the MI thread.

You want big power? -- you just might have to give up something.

Just don't run the line under the chassis, please.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #11
sleey0

Behind the seat isn't much longer in the spare tire bay in the hatch. ??

And, ok I will not run them under the chasis.

Thx

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #12
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

JDM STI Meth Tank. Get something like this and bolt it to the back of your rear seats. You'll be good to go.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:23 AM   #13
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Slow down Turbo.....one power adder only.

You would need to run two different fuel maps to run both and have someone with serious knowledge in tunning. I already thought about what your talking about and was going to do it years ago. It's just not worth the effort. You are going to run a small turbo anyways, so spool up time will be quick.

If you try and do all that stuff you will no longer have a daily driver. You will face challanges that most tunners can't even handle.

If you do trunk mount the meth kit you will need a electric silonoid like from a nitrous kit to feed the pump. Typically your resivor should be higher than your pump to gravity feed.

Snow Performance actually makes a much nicer kit than AEM. Call and talk to Karen over there she knows me personally. Tell her the XB guy sent you. or just ask for Matt Snow. They offer a much more extensive kit with electronics. Their kit is a little more but may be worth your situation.

I use AEM now because it's just more race oriented and Greg Nakono gave it to me.

Good building

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #14
sleey0

Awesome stff guys!

The meth kit I will leave for after the project. But the dude helping recommend it.

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #15
sleey0

Another update zage said kit without pan and intercooler is$ 1510

Not too bad but what about shipping? Lol

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #16
sleey0

Thanks for all the meth kit pics!! Really helps:)

Does AYNYONE know either the size of the zage IC or if that Mishimoto IC will fit.

Dimensions for the Mish are 28" x 7.5" x 2.5", Core Size: 20.5" x 6.25" x 2.25" <<--- Outer dim seem pretty small and specs on it are good for my app oh and plus it's inexpennive).

Anyone?

Later,
Wes

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #17
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

He's trollin!!!

Yes, the glowshift adapter has a port for an oil pressure gauge as well as oil feed, etc.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #18
sleey0

Was in my amazon cart for that long lol.

Told you I have been planning for months.

BUT just cancelled due to user interfence! lol

xbgod - 9/23/2010