Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
tk1971

Drives: 08 2Dr LB Base, Silver
Put in a Parrot CK3000 blue tooth in stock setup

Thanks to CTScott for illustrating the proper mute connector (CN700 connector, pin # 6) on the stock double din Fujitsuten.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=20

I went and got myself an open box Parrot CK3000 (the simplest in-car unit) from Amazon for about $55 shipped.

I didn't feel like spending the $40 on the harness adapter, so I hardwired it to the stock harness.

This is my 5th Parrot system install. My previous installs include a CK3100 in a WRX, a LS3200 (color screen) in a Forester, another CK3100 in an EVO, and another CK3000 in an Expedition.

I forgot to write a summary on how it works when I originally posted. This is how it works: It automatically syncs to my phone as soon as I start the car (full access to my phonebook, etc). Control-wise, it has two buttons and a knob. Press the connect to answer calls and the disconnect to end them (radio auto mutes and un-mutes after the call). To initiate a call, press the connect, and the radio auto mutes. The Parrot takes over the front L/R speakers and states: "Please Say a Command". I'd say: "Call Person Mobile" and it would dial that person's cell # from my phonelist (inside the phone). I don't have to train it, etc... Plug and play like those motorola ear pieces.

I actually prefer the CK3000 because with the small controller footprint (two buttons and a knob in a universal silver/black scheme), it's easy to make it look OEM. The microphone easily mounts on the steering column and is, for the most part invisible.

The most daunting part of the install is figuring out the so-called ISO Radio plug configuration. Basically, the Parrots are ready to go in-between the car and a stock ISO standard radio, so there's no real work involved if you had a euro car that has this kind of head unit. This means there are 2 female plugs and 2 male plugs. Stock car harness (female connectors) plug into the 2 Parrot harnesses with male pins, and the 2 Parrot plugs with the female connectors go to the radio (basically putting the Parrot in-between the car and radio).

With radios that do not have a "phone" or "mute" connection, I would install a relay (I'd use a Bosch double pole, double throw because I have a bunch around, but a STDP would be sufficient). Cut and put the "normally closed" connections on the relay in between the radio's 12V IGN. Tap another 12V IGN to the relay coil, and connect the Parrot's yellow "mute" wire to the other end of the relay coil. When the phone rings, the mute wire is grounded, completing the coil circuit, and it would trigger the electromagnet and the normally closed circuit will open (cutting power to the radio), letting the Parrot take over the front L/R speakers.

For 12V Ign, 12V Batt, Ground, I'd just spliced right into the stock blue plug on the radio (CN500 plug pin # 3 is 12V Ign, #4 is 12V Batt, and #7 is Ground). I'd just cut off the ISO male connector containing these connections. keep the fuses.

I cut the speaker wires directly on the stock wiring (blue CN500 connector on the stock radio): Front Right +Gray, -Yellow; Front Left +Pink, -Violet
and splice the wires from the female Parrot connector to the wires directly connected to the head unit, and the wires from the male connector to those from the car.

I also cut each wire from the ISO harness one at a time, so I wouldn't get confused as to which FR +blue/-green & FL +red/-orange is which (same colors regardless of male/female plugs).

I used a mini-pin connector for the radio's mute and shrink wrapped it in place to prevent the possibility of it touching other pins. Stock config CN700 is empty (no plug). I zipped tied the wire to the radio's case to prevent it getting yanked out.

The blue "brains" of the Parrot was zip tied to the wiring harnesses behind the A/C controls (plenty of room), as are the unused slack of the wiring.

I put the controller on the blank next to the interior light switch.

I forgot to take pictures this morning when I was putting it in (finished at about 2am), but here are a few after-the-fact.

Since this forum was so helpful, from choosing a Yaris to figuring out how I want it personalized, I felt compelled to share.

Thanks.

Last edited by tk1971; 02-16-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: added operating instructions
tk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
adamgtz

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
Hi do you know how to install a MKi9100 on a Yariss 2009 ?

Regards

-Adam
adamgtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
tk1971

Drives: 08 2Dr LB Base, Silver
Kinda the same way, except routing the iphone adapter out to the tray area under the 12v socket, no?

tk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:33 AM   #4
adamgtz

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1971 View Post
Kinda the same way, except routing the iphone adapter out to the tray area under the 12v socket, no?

Im receiving this week my parrot kit so, i will post all the pictures of my installation this forum is so helpfull.

Regards.

-Adam
adamgtz is offline   Reply With Quote