Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #1
yaristotle

Drives: Yaris Blue HB 5 speed
problem acceleration after battery jumpstart

Like the fool that I am, I left the lights on all day on my 2007 Yaris manual transmission and came back to dead battery. I had the battery jump started and now the car has problems on acceleration. Starting on, I have to press down harder on accelerator pedal to get going and when I shift, I also have to press down a little more and shifts are not as smooth. Any idea of the problem and solution?
yaristotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #2
yarisimean

Drives: 2012 Yaris 3d LB
Maybe the computer has to relearn how you drive since yaris has an electronic throttle. As for the not so smooth shifting, I have no idea but I find it unlikely that it has to do with the electronics since you are the one doing the shifting.

I'm just spitballing. I'm interested to know what it is.
yarisimean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
I imagine by now the OP no longer has an issue. Whenever the battery has been drained or disconnected, the ecu goes through a learning phase. Until it figures everything out again, you experience extremely low and erratic idle.

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk