Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
CasuaL

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
New headlights

Hey guys,

I want to buy myself new headlights for my Yaris. Since almost nobody tunes anything other than Golf 2 in my country, i found only one store that sells parts for Yaris. There are a few products to chose between but i like these ones the most. Actually, as I've seen a few guys on forum have almost the same ones. They would look rly cool on my blazing blue Yaris.

The price is 250 euros. Is this price OK and are there any trusted online stores that you would recommend for me where I could maybe save some money?

One last thing. I know these headlights would fit my 2008 Yaris, but is there anything else i should watch considering compatibility. I mean, are headlights from all markets (America, EU, Japan etc.) the same, and would they fit my car?

Thanks a lot...
CasuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
minired5stby

Drives: Yaris S liftback
Its up to you if you wanna get them but I wouldn't. Because usually aftermarket headlights don't last too long. Well the leds and the halo portion won't last to long. And sometimes you might get one that has a gap and water might leak into.
If anything get the eyelids for your headlights.
minired5stby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
The Architect
Give Me Resonance

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Send a message via AIM to The Architect
x2

I have those headlights and actually all day today ive deemed it "headlight restoration day"

the clearcoat finish has effectively peeled off more than half way making them look like crap, moisture does get inside and the halos are farrr too dim to even be seen.

The angel eye leds however are great still but should be secured into their holes with some form of adhesive.

I've bought some headlight finishing polish, 1500 & 2000 grit sandpaper and some ribbon sealer from an auto parts store.

Ill also be adding the "audi style LED strip"

if you choose to buy them just make 200% sure they are sealed etc

(3) 12" Alpine Type R Subs/Hifonics BXi1208D
Hifonics ZXi6.5c / 2006 Kicker ZX350.4
Knu Fleks 1/0 Wiring & In Big 3
Optima Yellow Top Battery/Iraggi HO Alternator
Alpine CDA-105, KCA-420i/KCA-121b/KCE-400BT
PG TLD22 8V Line Driver
The Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
One option is to retrofit projectors into your stock lights.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
The Architect
Give Me Resonance

yea if you have the know how then retrofitting and painting your stocks will come out awesome.

PG TLD22 8V Line Driver
Old 11-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
CasuaL

damn, i guess i won't buy it then...

cali yaris, i don't know how to retrofit my headlights. i don't know actually anything about tuning cars. i'm just starting to get in this business... :)
Old 11-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasuaL View Post

cali yaris, i don't know how to retrofit my headlights. i don't know actually anything about tuning cars. i'm just starting to get in this business... :)
Thats not a problem , there are plenty of people here that will talk you through things , there's also DIY's written up on how to do it and many more things.
Start now and you will never stop , Modding that is
Oh and welcome to Yarisworld
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
The Architect
Give Me Resonance

plus the headlights you showed will be fine for around a year before you start to notice anything and by then youll be a pro and you have YW too...the best most in depth haven for everything yaris.

PG TLD22 8V Line Driver
Old 11-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #9
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:

Thats what I said, but once u start on the project you will see its commmon sence plus there is 2 DIY in here about it
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #10
CasuaL

thanks guys, i think i'll spend a few days searching the forum to learn new stuff before i do anything to the car
Old 11-24-2009, 04:00 AM   #11
Mr Yarisman

Drives: Vitz
just put HID
Old 11-24-2009, 07:25 AM   #12
vitz rs

Drives: Vitz RS turbo M
Quote:
Hey guys,

I want to buy myself new headlights for my Yaris. Since almost nobody tunes anything other than Golf 2 in my country, i found only one store that sells parts for Yaris. There are a few products to chose between but i like these ones the most. Actually, as I've seen a few guys on forum have almost the same ones. They would look rly cool on my blazing blue Yaris.

The price is 250 euros. Is this price OK and are there any trusted online stores that you would recommend for me where I could maybe save some money?

One last thing. I know these headlights would fit my 2008 Yaris, but is there anything else i should watch considering compatibility. I mean, are headlights from all markets (America, EU, Japan etc.) the same, and would they fit my car?

Thanks a lot...
This headlights only cost about Us$300+ including delivery. All headlights from Depo(company that sell the headlights) has to put on additional sealant to seal it from water getting into it. Other than that, it works great.
vitz rs is offline   Reply With Quote