Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-11-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
kropekoi

Drives: vios 1.3J
Exclamation Remote alarm not working

Hi guys!

I need your help, we have a Yaris Sedan and at first the remote of the alarm was working and even if you are a few feet away, you can just press the lock from the remote and the car will get locked. However, the longer it gets the more weaker it is. I have to get near the car for the alarm to work and to get the car lock and unlocked. We have 2 remote for the alarm, and now only 1 works. A few days ago it was working and now, its not. The 2 remotes are not working, you can see its blinking on the remote when you press on it, but the car is not even recognizing that you are pressing on it, nothing happens. Now I have to manually insert the key to have the car locked, and unlocked.

Any help is highly appreciated!

The name of the alarm is Alien.
kropekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Try resetting the alarm ECU by disconnecting the car's battery for a couple of minutes. If that doesn't help, then it may just be that the remotes have failed. I have had ones where the LED still lights, but the device does not actually transmit.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
kropekoi

Drives: vios 1.3J
yeah, that's what happened. It still lights though but nothing happens to the car when I press it..... I'll try your suggestion though.

Any other suggestions? Ideas?

Do you guys have the fuse box diagram?
kropekoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, alien, not working, remote alarm