Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southeast
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
woof

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch/Black
Gulf States Tire Warranty Rip Off

In '06 I was forced to pay $349 for a 6 year/100K mile tire wear warranty. They said they could not remove it from the sticker and I would have to buy it no matter what. Well, I have 55K miles on my tires and it may be 10K miles away from replacement. Gulf States requires the tires to be down to 1/32's inch of tread. Most states won't give you an inspection sticker with that little tread if you are following the program requirements.

If you have it you know you have to rotate your tires every 5K miles. In '06 that was $14.95. My most recent rotation was $25.00!! That's ELEVEN rotations and I still have a while to go! Look at the money I have already spent: $349+nearly $250 in rotations!

I asked the lube guy about the warranty and he said I have to bring in all my receipts. I said I probably don't have all of them and asked him to print off the ones I don't have. He replied: "We switched to a new system and I may not be able to do that." That's saying I'm screwed!

I've heard this tire program became so volatile that they no longer do it. Plus, the dealer is not going to help you claim it, either.

Gray Daniels Toy of Brandon, Miss. sucks. Gulf States Toy sucks.
woof is offline   Reply With Quote