Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
Talifer

Drives: Yaris T Spirit
AUX and USB

Hi, first time poster, been browsing through this forum for a bit and there are some information gems in here ;)

I just wondered if anyone could shed some light on my dealer installed in car entertainment.

I used to own an '08 Yaris TR which came with the handy aux port next to the hand brake, this worked nicely with my iTouch but I never really used it too often (the wife drove the car mainly).
As the "all new Yaris" models were about to come out, I took advantage of the dealers trying to get rid of the old models and upgraded to a '11 Yaris T Spirit.
This new model has built in Sat Nav, so a TNS410 Tomtom as far as I can tell?
It also now has 2 sockets near the hand brake, the AUX and a USB. I have been able to use the USB to play music from a memory stick (although it does not like my HTC Sensation XE acting as a drive for some reason), so it appears to be connected up in some way but I have failed to get anything from the AUX port, using the same cable I used in the old Yaris (though not the iTouch but my HTC phone). The Tomtom unit and enclosure itself makes no mention of aux, neither does the Tomtom manual, only iPod connectivity, so now I'm wondering is this even suppose to work as it did before? I was expecting that when I connected a device up to the aux port that pressing source on the unit would eventually cycle to AUX, but I've never seen this.

Anyone know what should happen before I go off and tamper with it?
Talifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
If it is indeed the TNS410, which is the same as my Eclipse AVN-2210P (pictured below), then the audio Aux input is an option that requires the eclipse 099AUX105 cable, which plugs into the circular connector on the rear of the head unit.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

I just realized that mine is the same as the TNS-400, not TNS-410. The TNS-410 is the Eclipse AVN-4429, which uses the same audio Aux cable (AUX105) as the AVN2210P.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Talifer

Here's a pic of the model in my Yaris

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/ans.../p/2344%2C2454

I was assuming that moving up a model would add more features rather than take some away so I would have expected the cable to be in there. The USB complicates matters because I can clearly see the port is connected at the hand brake but it's hard to tell if it's just the USB or the aux as well. I'll see if I can get some pictures of the wiring behind the port.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talifer View Post
Here's a pic of the model in my Yaris

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/ans.../p/2344%2C2454

I was assuming that moving up a model would add more features rather than take some away so I would have expected the cable to be in there. The USB complicates matters because I can clearly see the port is connected at the hand brake but it's hard to tell if it's just the USB or the aux as well. I'll see if I can get some pictures of the wiring behind the port.
That's the Alpine AVN-4429/4430, so the cable mentioned above would be required.

Here is the Toyota install manual for the TNS-410. Look at page 18, which shows the connection for the USB/AUX jack. The connection labeled "C" is the round connector for the audio input, so as long as that connector was plugged into the rear of the unit, it should work.

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads..._001_775_2.pdf

Here is the user manual. On page 80 it shows how to enable the AUX mode. It may simply be that they installed it, but never activated that option:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads..._410_UM_EN.pdf
Old 01-17-2012, 04:56 AM   #6
Talifer

Those are 2 very useful documents that should allow me to resolve this issue, I very much appreciate your time and help CTScott
Old 01-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
I just scored one of those on ebay to replace the stock stereo in my 2 door hatchback. Tagging this thread for later reading, before its existence slips my mind.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #8
david_827

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
Damn i wish USDM Yarii came with SatNav
david_827 is offline   Reply With Quote