Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-20-2008, 12:15 AM   #1
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Sodium Duck
Spreadsheet for fuel economy...

This is the spreadsheet I made for calculating various things related to fuel economy. On the first sheet you put in the date, brand, miles driven, gallons bought, it will then calcuate the MPG for you, then you put in cost per gallon, and it will calculate the cost of the fillup for you and the cost per mile.

The second sheet is completely automatically calculated. You don't have to do anything. It has the total miles you have driven, total gallons bought, total cost of fuel, average cost per gallon, average cost per fillup, average cost per mile, best MPG, worst MPG, average MPG. At the end of the year I will just calculate the average daily rates -- unless someone knows a snappy formula that will calculate it automatically somehow based on how many days have elapsed?

The third sheet is a graph that shows MPG. It has each fillup you do, then it also has a second dotted red line that draws a smooth average line of MPG.

Please leave comments and suggestions. I am always tweaking this to make it better and suit my tastes more. Or you can modify it yourself and make it your own. Enjoy!

NOTE: This is one file, with multiple sheets, not three separate spreadsheets... thought I would make that clear if anyone was wondering since the screeenshots are sort of misleading.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip MPG.zip (7.8 KB, 94 views)
Old 10-20-2008, 02:39 AM   #2
natethegreat38
Party like a Barack star

Drives: '08 LB MT
I believe you had this posted before the hack? Thanks for re-posting...
natethegreat38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:31 AM   #3
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

yupyup!

I figured I'd get it back up. Google cache wasn't helpful at all, so I had to make abother screenshot. Then since I've changed so much since the last time I posted it, I wrote up another desription.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
Reddog99

Drives: '08 Yaris
It looks good. I'm going to have to modify my own spreadsheet to incorporate some of your ideas.
Reddog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
aca72

Drives: '07 Yaris S Sedan M5
Excellent numbers!

Why do you have to wait to "calculate at the end of year"?

You can get the "Average Miles Driven per Day". Simply divide the total miles you've driven by the total days you've owned your Yaris. It's also the same concept with "Average Gallons used per Day" and "Average Cost of Fuel per Day".

Unfortunately, my First Anniversary FE Report was hacked but good thing I posted it in another private forum.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #6
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

I don't feel like having to calculate how many days it's been since I've owned it. I'm just going to wait till the end of the year and divide by 365. Unless someone knows a formula I can put in to have Excel automatically do it for me.