Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
dj92
Embracing Curves

Drives: '14 Prius Executive
CAN-Messages

Hi there,
because I found almost nothing about it, I started eavesdropping on the CAN-Bus of my (european) '09 Yaris with a STN1110 and the command "STMA"
Attention: A chinese ELM327-clone DID NOT work (at least for me)!
They seem to accept the "ATMA", but do not report anything.
Maybe the user has to explicitely deactivate some filters, but because the STN has a far better performance, I built an adapter with it and discarded further investigation ;)

So far, I have "deciphered" (in fact, it's just changing something at the car and looking for any change in the numbers - somewhat like reversed genetics research ) the central door lock, door contacts, the switch that is pushed by inserting the key into the ignition lock and the status of ACC and IGN.
Sorry for having written it in German, but if enough are interested, i might consider translating it for you ;)
http://www.fingers-wiki.de/yarisforschung_xp9

What might this be good for?
-Accessing several signals in the car without pulling metres of wire
And then?
-activate/deactivate a theft deterrent
-turn on custom interior lighting (I'm planning something there...)
-create an additional ACC or IGN

Besides, I have investigated the connector that sleeps forever alone between the manual transmission stick and the parking lock.
Is there a knowledge base here for writing it down?
dj92 is offline   Reply With Quote