Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
Adriaan
In between cities

Drives: 2006 yaris ce
engine swap complete!

Got back the car today, runs great very smooth. runs a bit better than my old engine. Got alot of parts from it so i'll post it for sale when i got through all the items. The old engine still had water in it the flywheel and clutch were rusted due to all the water and has to be sand blasted they where still in very good condition. Put all new spark plugs but instead of ngk when with bosch, new transmission fluid, flushed and replaced with new coolant, but used regular oil for now i'll changed it to synthetic after 5000km to see how it goes.. Only think is i'm getting a low whinning noise, like a turbo spooling up. Thinking it could be normal or maybe the ac compressor pulley still has water. or the alternator pulley? Maybe it has to do that it an 07 engine in and 06? not sure. I'll keep a check on it.
Couple of things the exhuast donuts doesn't last long i was at 119000km and it was finished.

The exhuast joint for the headers to the downpipe rust very fast, but the rust of the exhuast system is fine, even the joints under the car was in better shape than that one after being in so much water.

Also if you have to change you axle you'll need a special socket to remove it a 16 point 24mm socket. all ask to shop to be sure but it special size that only toyota has.

One expensive lesson! No more cold air intake for me. At least for everyday use. Maybe on the track.
Adriaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
great.

the whining noise could be the alternator. i'd have to hear it. Last time, i'm not quite sure, because they said my alternator made a whining noise, but i couldn't hear it, because the water pump bearing noise was covering it.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
Benggolf2

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS 4-Door LB
Good to know you are up and running again, Adriaan.
Expensive lesson learned re CAI especially those with a down-tube.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriaan View Post
Also if you have to change you axle you'll need a special socket to remove it a 16 point 24mm socket. all ask to shop to be sure but it special size that only toyota has.
Glad to hear you have your car back! The axle hub nut on my 07 HB was a 12 point, 30mm.