Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #19
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
earlier is better . I would change your spark plugs soon as well . Changed the iridium plugs of the 2000 Chevy PRIZM ( Corolla ) at around 80,000 or so miles and made for better pickup and mileage . Would consider having coolant flushed and changed at earlier intervals as well . Figure it can't hurt . Especially if you plan on keeping car for the long run .
gid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #20
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
do MT have this screen?
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #21
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
nope
gid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:56 AM   #22
N9QGS

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to N9QGS Send a message via Yahoo to N9QGS
Yes I had already done the plugs they came out very clean, did them at about 80K. I plan to change the oil next week as I will be at 95K service. I am still on the original brake pads, I think later this year if I get out to Chicago while my friend Marcin is visiting I think I will replace the pads regardless of condition, right now they are still in good shape with all the highway driving done on them.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:52 AM   #23
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzinn 1 View Post
MOst newer cars if not all are made to be hooked up to the flush machine.It pumps in new fluid and pulls out the old,then they run the car for aminute to clear the torque converter and it pushes in a round of new fluid to the entire system.No need to open up the tranny anymore to flush fluids.
Are you sure about the torque converter being flushed?
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:49 PM   #24
SilverGlow
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
New Concept

Here's a new and cool idea that will save you time, and keep your car in perfect shape, insuring it will last you 200,000+ miles no kidding:

Follow the maintenence schedule in your Toyota manual.

Do the FULL FLUSH when it is time. Change the spark plugs, flush the radiator when the book says.

To do so otherwise, to do it too early is a great way to waste money, and gives people dillusions of helping their car. It's just a dillusion.

Revelation from God: Toyota knows more about the Yaris then you do, so do it their way.
SilverGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #25
Creeper

Drives: Silver 2DLB Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Creeper
Not saying the book is wrong but i believe it is the minimal maintence required. sometimes you can look at the numbers and how they ahve changed and just think they are there so it runs fine till any warrenty is out then breaks to get you to come back. but thats just my opinion not saying its right or wrong. just felt like voicing it and i think other people might see it this way. false sense of security is somtimes better then $1000 worth of engine work
Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 PM   #26
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlow View Post
Here's a new and cool idea that will save you time, and keep your car in perfect shape, insuring it will last you 200,000+ miles no kidding:

Follow the maintenence schedule in your Toyota manual.

Do the FULL FLUSH when it is time. Change the spark plugs, flush the radiator when the book says.

To do so otherwise, to do it too early is a great way to waste money, and gives people dillusions of helping their car. It's just a dillusion.

Revelation from God: Toyota knows more about the Yaris then you do, so do it their way.
Yes and no. If you drive more hills than the average driver(which is what the manual and maintenance schedule are made for) then you should change the tranny fluid sooner than 100k. In my case, I live in the foothills, and have to come down 300 feet just to get on the freeway, and probably change 1000 feet in elevation daily. That coupled with semi frequent trips to mountain towns that are a 4000 foot elevation change, and I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be anything left of my transmission at 100k, and certainly not if I waited again after that until 200k.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote