Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #19
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilkySmooth View Post
No MIL and I dont have a scan gauge to check MODE6 for fuel trim or cat eff or ?? I could not duplicate smell on the way to the dealer yesterday. So, I am going to try and run a few tanks of completely different gasoline and see if it was a fuel formulation issue. Trying Tier1 shell 87 with nitrogen in the detergent package.( i guess the new detergent was to address issues with DI engines and valve coking, etc.) I finally found a Shell dealer that didnt take midnight deliveries of "Freddies Stinky Gas" that ruins the whole premise of Tier1 fuel quality.
I need to try Shell again. I got a free prepaid Shell card from my Discover card rewards and the Yaris sure felt peppy on their gas.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #20
TheSilkySmooth

Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
It ended up being the Federated/hastings 413 filter. must have been f-ing with the vvti. Who woulda thunk it would skunk up the works so bad. I had a std NAPA jobber filter around, swaped that in, tosssed in a cup of Beef fat oil ( G.E.T. G-oil Ester green bio oil) and all was back to normal.
TheSilkySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:42 PM   #21
pennyracer
boydstir

Drives: 08 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to pennyracer Send a message via Yahoo to pennyracer
i had my cat replaced 25000 miles and it still smells and im at 50,000 miles now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
^^ 8/80 Is emission warranty for ALL toyota vehicles. if your exhaust smells take it in to get fixed. the TSB for the 2007 liftback gives a completely different pipe part number than what came from factory.....

i hear its not that the cat is bad its the cat doing its job and the car is running to rich maybe you can tell me what would be the next step for me ? i run shell ,chevron premium fuel 95% of the time it seems to be getting worse my lb is a 08 model year but buit in 07 someone give help me

here is my phone number 541-778-4247 wayne or if i could call you and get some usefull info to deal with problem thanks again
pennyracer is offline   Reply With Quote