Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-28-2008, 05:51 AM   #1
battleversiontc

Drives: 08 vip yaris
sedan exhaust

anybody know if there is an axleback out there for the sedans other then the trd and nitto. just wondering. and nitto owners how are the sound on them and fitment if you got pictures of it mounted please post that or the trd. i dont want to have to do a universal type of deal. trying to figure out if i should do headers next or exhaust
mecp masters certified
battleversiontc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:00 AM   #2
battleversiontc

that looks clean yeah i think if i fly one into hawaii it was like close to 400 shipped for the trd exhaust but i havent checked with the dealer yet but where did you get yours from or was it factory installed when you picked it up
mecp masters certified
Old 10-28-2008, 06:08 AM   #3
battleversiontc

oic cool thanks maybe ill go down to toyota tomorrow and see how much it would be through them
mecp masters certified
Old 10-28-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
eii
Rides canyon walls

Drives: 1988 RX7 FC 10th AE
I'm on my phone right now but i got sound clips of my trd and also bxrich's nitto exhaust. on my phone at work right now so i'll post them later this morning.

nitto and trd is all thats available then custom is the only way. there was a zpi one, but that company..well lets say we'd just like to forget about them. sorry i know this isnt really what you want to hear, but the sedan isnt as popular as the lb when it comes to performance products. i still love the sedan, but maybe someday we'll be spoiled with more options.

btw i got mine off ebay for 350 shipped. im not sure if you need to pay for labor at your dealership. if they do you should install yourself imo to save some cash unless youre worried about your warranty like camell mentioned.

off-topic, but dayumn camell, you got a clean silver sedan...wow @_@

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header
eii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
eii
Rides canyon walls

Heres the vids/sound I promised. Also the TRD one gets a little louder when it warms up and sounds better when its moving. The video I have is just me idle+revs.

Right click and save as if you're having trouble streaming it.

My TRD

http://www.inimi.org/downloads/trdexhaust.avi

Bxrich's Nitto

http://www.inimi.org/downloads/bxrichnitto.avi

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header
Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
battleversiontc

i do all my own work but damn that nitto sounds sick tho hmm but the trd is quiet got a nice tone to it idk this is a tough one
mecp masters certified
Old 10-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
hehe, I vote for Nitto! (duh)

We will be getting in another new sedan exhaust product, but it will be a couple of months for that shipment to arrive.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #8
eii
Rides canyon walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleversiontc View Post
i do all my own work but damn that nitto sounds sick tho hmm but the trd is quiet got a nice tone to it idk this is a tough one
Yeah I like how the TRD is subtle, but has a nice sporty sound which reminds me of my cousins si. Though I love the nitto sound, I really dont wanna attrack that much attention especially from those cars with the lights on their roofs . Plus its oval low-profile shape helps keep it from kissin the curb. I got a lowered car and my front lip and exhaust barely make it when going up/down driveways. However thats just my concerns/preferences.

I say wait and see what garm has in store before making a decision on the two. 'new sedan exhaust product' now thats something you rarely ever see.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #9
battleversiontc

yeah i think i might wait to see what new stuff garm has in store for us
mecp masters certified
Old 11-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #10
Japmuscle

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan 5sp
Flo pro

I have a 2008 sedan and I want to put either a magna flow muffler or a flo pro, just the cannister. The local shop said they will not cut any of the smog cannisters, Will it sound decent or will I get any pops or fart sound when rapping up? Does anyone know of a sound clip with a flo pro exhaust on the yaris?
Japmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote