Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
BatMobile

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Intake and Exhaust?

okay i'm thinking about putting intake and exhaust on my hatchback 08 yaris, if i put these on myself and don't use toyota does it void my warrenty? Also where should i get said parts if not through toyota. Sorry i'm still learning about cars and stuff stereotypical girl, but my yaris is my little project
Old 07-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
BatMobile

Drives: 2008 Yaris
also through toyota how much does it cost for them to actually put it on?
Old 07-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Toyota charges an arm and a leg for their TRD parts. Look on www.microimageonline.com great prices and lots of options. As for your warrenty Toyota would have to prove that the part that you put on caused a malfunction. So have fun modding your car and if you look in the regional part of the fourm you might be able to find someone close to you that might be able to help out. Good Luck!!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
Raist17

Drives: '07 Red Yaris hatchback
I'd be interested in some info on this too... I don't mind doing the work myself but I know nothing about what parts/kits are needed and what I actually gain from the mods
Old 07-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrocket View Post
Toyota charges an arm and a leg for their TRD parts. Look on www.microimageonline.com great prices and lots of options. As for your warrenty Toyota would have to prove that the part that you put on caused a malfunction. So have fun modding your car and if you look in the regional part of the fourm you might be able to find someone close to you that might be able to help out. Good Luck!!
+1 on everything - especially the microimage part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raist17 View Post
I'd be interested in some info on this too... I don't mind doing the work myself but I know nothing about what parts/kits are needed and what I actually gain from the mods
I'm pretty sure intake and exhaust usually come with everything you need for install. Don't expect anything crazy from just intake and exhaust. Intake, header, exhaust, and pulleys will get you 5-10 hp.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
I just started on this project, got the intake done so far (first step) and I love the feeling and the sound when you rev it up a little
NST pulleys and short shift kit are on their way. Next paycheck will probably be the exhaust
fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:13 AM   #7
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
If you enjoy music, invest in an audio system. Intake and exhaust create more noise. This can take away from your music pleasure. Even springs to lower your Yaris would be smarter than intake and exhaust.

Check out other cars that have modified their exhaust. If that's the kind of noise you enjoy, then go for it.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote