Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #37
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
if you get the SYLVANIA Silverstar ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby View Post
Be careful installing "more powerful halogen bulbs for the headlights" ...... do the homework and make sure you do not burn up the wiring harness.

With the stronger, brighter, more powerful bulbs, I'll also buy the heavy-duty wiring harness, which is recommended. I put the stronger bulbs in my Yaris, and I'm very happy with the way it lights up the road...and they're not so bright that they blind people. I chose the Nokya 'Arctic White' bulbs, and they are so superior to the stock bulbs.
a new harness won't be needed . If you buy the WAGNER or off brands then you're asking for trouble , I know this by experience . We've been using the regular SILVERSTAR and ULTRA for years now without too many problems . If you have daytime running lights they will shorten the life of these , I've had to replace the SILVERSTAR about every year and and a 1/2 with daytime running lights . They seem to blow when it gets colder in late NOVEMBER , DECEMBER . If you can get SILVERSTAR at 1/2 price , then worth it . PEPBOYS seems to have these on sale the most , followed by ADVANCE AUTO PARTS . Go to SYLVANIA's website and you will find a printable mail-in rebate online , go here http://www.sylvania.com/content/disp...x?id=003697635 . TAKE CARE
Old 10-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #38
gid

looks good to me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmitchell View Post
Some people have voiced that the front end makes it "ugly".

That front end also allows it to get subperb mileage.

As for it looking like a minivan So what. I loved my Odyssey!
. We had an '06 SCION XB and took a lot crap from relatives about its looks . TOASTER car , etc. . One relative said wouldn't want to be seen in it , sometimes ugliness has its pluses . Can't wait for the NISSAN " Cube " to arrive , get that to keep people from wanting rides .
Old 10-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #39
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
. We had an '06 SCION XB and took a lot crap from relatives about its looks . TOASTER car , etc. . One relative said wouldn't want to be seen in it , sometimes ugliness has its pluses . Can't wait for the NISSAN " Cube " to arrive , get that to keep people from wanting rides .
The "box" shaped vehicles are ugly and I don't understand the attraction to them.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #40
Letsrock

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Quote:
Some people call my Yaris a "clown Car". who cares. Getting one tank of gas every 2 weeks makes it woth it. First full tank of gas i got 366 miles on it.
the joke is on them.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #41
gid

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
The "box" shaped vehicles are ugly and I don't understand the attraction to them.
thanks . I'll take that as a compliment and with a grain of salt .
Old 10-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #42
gid

yup ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsrock View Post
Some people call my Yaris a "clown Car". who cares. Getting one tank of gas every 2 weeks makes it woth it. First full tank of gas i got 366 miles on it.
the joke is on them.
we get relatives saying . " I could fit that in the back of my S.U.V. " and had neighbors point at it and laugh , of course they're driving a 4 door G.M.C. pickup . They're the clowns for p*ssing away their money on gas and contributing to this energy / financial crisis ( earnings that could be used towards house , car payments or other ) , and supporting terrorist or totalitarian governments . PEOPLE JUST DON"T GET IT .

Last edited by gid; 10-24-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #43
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclo3313 View Post
Honda Odyssey
Attachment 9585
Honda Fit
Attachment 9586
Seperated at birth?
Thats like saying the Yaris looks like the Sienna.

Btw, don't let anyone bag on u for getting a Fit. Nothing wrong with it. IMO, its a better car than the Yaris, but it also costs more.

Just don't lower your car if you plan on parking that close to the curb thingy.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #44
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
Thats like saying the Yaris looks like the Sienna.

Btw, don't let anyone bag on u for getting a Fit. Nothing wrong with it. IMO, its a better car than the Yaris, but it also costs more.

Just don't lower your car if you plan on parking that close to the curb thingy.
Well, Yaris doesn't actually look like the Sienna. The whole point is that the Yaris isn't shaped like a minivan the way the Fit is. Preferences on looks are all subjective though, so I'm glad the op enjoys the car. But coming to a Yaris forum and bragging about your Fit isn't going to get you as many compliments as you would probably like. We chose the Yaris over the Fit for a reason (or many reasons ).
Old 10-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #45
grampi

Quote:
thanks . I'll take that as a compliment and with a grain of salt .
You can take it as a compliment, but it wasn't meant as one.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #46
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Quote:
The Scion xB's depreciation is incredible compared to most other cars, so common opinion goes against yours... Oh, that wasn't meant as a compliment btw

http://www.streetdirectory.com/trave...reciation.html
Old 10-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #47
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
Who cares what other people think about the looks of your car. Unless they're footing the bill their opinion should mean nothing to you.

Congratulations on the new Fit. It's a nice car. Too bad we can't get the smaller engines in cars like this here, but it still does pretty well on gas.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:33 AM   #48
gid

sarcasm ...

Quote:
Old 10-25-2008, 05:14 AM   #49
specialeducator

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Quote:
The new Fit is a nice car, but way too expensive. The Fit and Yaris are SUPPOSED to be ECONOMY cars.
Exactly why I am driving a Yaris and not a Fit- one fit my budget and the other didn't. If I wanted to spend that much I'd also have looked at a Corolla.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:54 AM   #50
grampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidTimeOff View Post
The Scion xB's depreciation is incredible compared to most other cars, so common opinion goes against yours... Oh, that wasn't meant as a compliment btw

http://www.streetdirectory.com/trave...reciation.html
What common opinion? I doubt the xB's resale value is due to its looks. A box on wheels is a box on wheels.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #51
TheSilkySmooth

Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
Quote:
I know The cube shape is very efficient for giving lot of room in any size wheel-base. Look at VW Bus and Dodge sprinter. Maybe not so aerodynamic for Autobahn storming ( zoom zoom zoom). I like The first release xB is good vehicle maybe better than Vitz. Maybe the old white guy need pointy car to go with pointy head and lack of mound in his pants??
Old 10-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #52
TheSilkySmooth

I have compliments on my box shape;)
Old 10-25-2008, 10:53 AM   #53
TheSilkySmooth

Fit just look like this old car from years ago - for Suzuki Motorcyle Company?

Please reference picture below:
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #54
grampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilkySmooth View Post
I know The cube shape is very efficient for giving lot of room in any size wheel-base. Look at VW Bus and Dodge sprinter. Maybe not so aerodynamic for Autobahn storming ( zoom zoom zoom). I like The first release xB is good vehicle maybe better than Vitz. Maybe the old white guy need pointy car to go with pointy head and lack of mound in his pants??
Yeah, I guess i just don't fit the flat-billed hat wearin', pants crotch hanging below the knees, fart muffler, obnoxiously loud stereo playin' xB drivin' stereotype.
Closed Thread