Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 12:53 PM   #55
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
I don't like the new fit design. It looks like a missle and a mini van. I also don't like the yaris looks either. It's given the sedan will look like a typical eco car with nothing to catch the eye. The HB looks like it's been squashed from the front and back. The older fits look the best.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #56
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
The new Fit looks like a shoehorn. I liked the shape of the '07 US LB the best. I don't like the new bumper dent guards they put on the bumpers of the '09 LBs.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #57
niko3257

Drives: 07 Yaris / 09 Fit sport
I too have a Fit and a Yaris in the family.
i had my 09 fit for about a month now and it's great.
gas mileage is excellent also. i get 37+ MPG.
best i've seen so far is 43 MPG.

i was so close to buying a yaris but toyota said no
5spd for the 5 door. i hope toyota get there head out
of there arse and makes it for 2010.

the yaris we have is a 07 sedan and that car is excellent also.

by the way bobby and nsmitchell are you guys on FF?

here is pics of the cars.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #58
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
A Fit Sport w/nav is $19,430 (w/destination)!

An Accord starts a just $1K more!

Never mind that it is priced alongside the Civic that is also supposed to be above it.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:58 PM   #59
bobby

Drives: 2007 Yaris/2009 Phit Sport
HERE SHE IS!!!!!!!

Drives/handles like a DREAM...I think I'm in love....
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2008, 05:47 PM   #60
zer0sk8ordie

Drives: 09 Yaris S LB
dang the orange is dooope!!

my fit and my girls yaris..

Old 10-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #61
madyaris
kegtoter

Drives: 3D Hatch
Send a message via AIM to madyaris
More pics of the new S!!!

Or at least of your girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0sk8ordie View Post
dang the orange is dooope!!

my fit and my girls yaris..
Old 10-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #62
Stargate YARlantIS

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidTimeOff View Post
I saw one on the road last night. A wave of jealousy washed over me as that's a pretty nice car. Then I got home, turned around, looked at my car and then I felt great about my previous decisions. Just needed to be reminded of what I got and the price I got it for ;). Sorry, but personally, I take the stylings of the Yaris over the Fit any day of the week.

No kids, 2 door > 4 door imo

I totally agree...

Stylings Yaris > Fit

No kids 2 door> 4door :

Peace, Love and Good Smoke!
--Tommy Chong
Old 10-25-2008, 08:28 PM   #63
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Nice car but I'm not running out to buy one. Good luck with it.

Can the Nav be adjusted and programed while driving? There are "hacks" and fixes for the Toyota units so you can.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Old 10-26-2008, 08:01 AM   #64
bobby

As of today (26/10/08) I have not had enough time in the car with the nav system to answer that question, but it seems fairly easy to use, and intuitive. The screen is large, and very easy to see. So far, I LOOOOOVE it...will update soon!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #65
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby View Post
As of today (26/10/08) I have not had enough time in the car with the nav system to answer that question, but it seems fairly easy to use, and intuitive. The screen is large, and very easy to see. So far, I LOOOOOVE it...will update soon!
Get your ass off the computer and get out there and drive! What the hell are you waiting for....... bumper to bumper traffic!

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Old 10-26-2008, 06:49 PM   #66
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialeducator View Post
Exactly why I am driving a Yaris and not a Fit- one fit my budget and the other didn't. If I wanted to spend that much I'd also have looked at a Corolla.
that is exactly what i did. i was looking for a more sedate ride (road/engine noise) and overall comfort. with the telescoping wheel, i found the 09 corolla very comfortable and quiet for an eco car. i drove a fit, too. not as quiet and actually costs more than the corolla that i got.($15200) to keep the price of the fit near that, i would neet the manual transmission base model.

i didnt like that ithe manual fit was rated 33 mpg highway. its odd that only the base model automatic fit is rated 35 mph highway. all the manual transmission fits are rated at 33 mpg. all the sport models (auto and manual) are rated at 33 mpg. i found too many people on the fit forums getting mid to upper 30's hwy mileage. three tanks on the corolla right at 40 mpg, and a comfortable, quiet ride. i still did better with my yaris by about 2-3 mpg's, but my body is so much more comfortable.

if you want to know about yaris resale, get this: i bought the yaris new in june 2007 for $12800. 1 year and 3 months later and 21k miles and i got $11,100 trade in value. this was not in lieu of fiddling with the corolla price, which i got for $300 over invoice. i may have sold it for more privately, but not by much. for me it was worth avoiding the hassle.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:52 PM   #67
bobby

The Corolla is a fine car, but too sedate. It kinda looks like a rental car, or a car driven by a retiree. A bit dull for my taste...
Old 10-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #68
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
the 09 fit is an incredible car- if this version of the car had been available in late 05 when i got the yaris...i wouldn't be driving a yaris.

i still think the yaris is a great little car, but this new fit is better-you pay a bit more but get a lot more car. plus, honda copied the ingenious placement of the yaris's cup holder!

this fit is could probably compete with the matrix in interior space with fuel economy similar to the yaris.

i didn't totally agree with all of the hype surrounding the old fit, but this one i do.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #69
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
I'm on FitFreak as HarrisonGreeleyIII. hehe A little Mr. Show character.

The '09 Fit is a phenomenon. The aerodynamics allow it to kick butt in the MPG arena.

Toyota should do some homework. The Yaris with a more aerodynamic front end would rock some MPGs.

I think it would be cool if you could get different front noses as options.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:24 PM   #70
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmitchell View Post
I'm on FitFreak as HarrisonGreeleyIII. hehe A little Mr. Show character.

The '09 Fit is a phenomenon. The aerodynamics allow it to kick butt in the MPG arena.

Toyota should do some homework. The Yaris with a more aerodynamic front end would rock some MPGs.
HUH? allow it to kick who's butt in mpg? the chevy aveo? the fit has a drag coefficient of .30, which is good. the yaris sedan and hatch have drag coefficients of .29, even better. even the 09 corolla has a better cd at .29 as well. the yaris is quite aerodynamic.

all variants of the yaris are rated with at least 35 mpg, with the stick rated at 36 mpg. the ONLY fit rated at 35 mpg is the automatic base model. the stick base model fit is rated at 33 mpg. the sport fit (both auto and manual) are also rated at 33 mpg ( the body cladding/weight/transmission? likely hurts the mpg for the sport model by messing up the aerodynamics/gearing.)

i mean, c'mon. some of the fit variants actually went from 34 mpg in the 08 model to the current 33 mpg in the 09 model.

the reason i originally bought the yaris over the fit was due to the propensity of yaris owners to cosnsistently get 40+ mpg without much effort and the lack of consistency in fit owners reported mileage.

so, to rephrase: the yaris' aerodynamics allow it to kick butt in the mpg arena. honda should do their homework. a more aerodynamic fit could rock some mpg's.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #71
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1 View Post
HUH? allow it to kick who's butt in mpg? the chevy aveo? the fit has a drag coefficient of .30, which is good. the yaris sedan and hatch have drag coefficients of .29, even better. even the 09 corolla has a better cd at .29 as well. the yaris is quite aerodynamic.

all variants of the yaris are rated with at least 35 mpg, with the stick rated at 36 mpg. the ONLY fit rated at 35 mpg is the automatic base model. the stick base model fit is rated at 33 mpg. the sport fit (both auto and manual) are also rated at 33 mpg ( the body cladding/weight/transmission? likely hurts the mpg for the sport model by messing up the aerodynamics/gearing.)

i mean, c'mon. some of the fit variants actually went from 34 mpg in the 08 model to the current 33 mpg in the 09 model.

the reason i originally bought the yaris over the fit was due to the propensity of yaris owners to cosnsistently get 40+ mpg without much effort and the lack of consistency in fit owners reported mileage.

so, to rephrase: the yaris' aerodynamics allow it to kick butt in the mpg arena. honda should do their homework. a more aerodynamic fit could rock some mpg's.
wow, someone knows their stuff!
Yaris is the car that all (non-hybrid's) should be compared to for mpg's, because it rocks the competition!!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #72
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
What common opinion? I doubt the xB's resale value is due to its looks. A box on wheels is a box on wheels.
Then what would you attribute the resale value to? Looks aren't everything, but if the car doesn't look nice, nobody's going to buy it. And personally, I like the boxy looks of the car. It's unique and incredibly practical. And like I said, common opinion (meaning people that actually buy the cars) dictate the resale values. This isn't conjecture, the link I provided is hard evidence.