Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Forum Conduct

Hello YW'ers.

I think if you frequent this forum you have seen a couple of spats in the last few weeks. We are lucky in a sense to have some very passionate members, but that passion doesn't always manifest itself in a constructive manner... lately moreso than before. As we have become more strict on forum conduct, I think the forums have taken a turn for the better. As a moderator staff, we are committed to keeping that trend going. A couple points...

[1] The correct way to deal with a disagreement that results in a personal attack is to PM a moderator. We are here to deal with these situations, but we have been underutilized recently. Most of us have alternate contacts as well. If you have AIM, add me right now: ChinoCharles. You can find info for the other mods under their screen names in their posts.

[2] Generally, I think everyone deserves a warning, but in the future persistent issues with conduct will be met with a one week ban. That isn't to say we don't want you here, but sometimes it is best to cool down for a bit before returning to actively posting.

Thank you for reading. If anyone ever sees anything that they think warrants attention from a moderator or feels like they are being singled out unfairly, please don't hesistate to contact myself or any of the other mods. One of our greatest assets is our huge member base, and we would appreciate it if our members could help us in trying to keep the mood of this forum light and fluffy.

Thanks a lot everyone. Happy posting.

Charles
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
Chino, I'm with you 100%. I wish some people on here would act their age. Dont some forums require you to check a box saying you are over 13? ;)
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
There is a small icon next to where the user is online/offline. Use the icon to report offensive posts -- I do. If everyone uses that feature, the Mods will have more clarity on what to do and when to do it.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
ZING

Drives: Yaris '09,GTi '09, BMW 3.30ci
Didn't know that cali, excellent. Will it post it as anonymous?
ZING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
When you report a post, it sends an e-mail to all of the moderators with a link to the thread and the post. It is not anonymous, but we have never called someone out in public for trying to help us out. Always try and be thorough when giving a reason as to why you're reporting it.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
There is a small icon next to where the user is online/offline. Use the icon to report offensive posts -- I do. If everyone uses that feature, the Mods will have more clarity on what to do and when to do it.
Thanks. I learn something new each day.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #7
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
i hate rats.. ;)
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #8
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
rats...rats and possums...

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #9
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

why do people have to jump at eachothers throats when someone posts something? for instance...someone says....the "A" thing is bigger than the "B" thing...then someone says...what makes you think you know wtf your talking about itiot..your a stupid retard...insult insult insult... why cant people just be nice. instead of calling the person stupid and insulting them further why not just say.... Well actually you are mistaken...it is "this"

there is no need to insult someone because they may or may not have said something incorrect. this is why forums become undesireable to 99% of the people because people just cant be nice. so please...just chill out..point out their mistake in a nice polite manner, correct if needed, and let it go.

remember, just because someone works at a place or claims they can do something...does not mean they know what they are talking about. I work at a Volvo truck dealer ship as parts manager, but that doesnt mean i know everything. things are constantly changing, parts get updated, and new parts added all the time. there are too many variables so one cannot possible know everything... also because someone works in a parts dept. does not mean they know how to work on the object they sell parts for, or even if you are a mechanic that doesnt mean you have worked or know how to work on every part of the object as well.

so please, before you jump at someones neck...be polite and try to resolve it that way first. AND please no more...i have more posts than you so you can stfu....that is bs. for all we know you got 1000 of you 1200 posts in a whore thread and really contributed nothing to this society..

Be nice.....that is all.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:49 PM   #10
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
i can be nice , but do i have to act my given age , or how old i feel
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:53 PM   #11
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

act whatever age you want...just be nice. i know 13 year olds who act nicer and more mature than people 3 times their age. age has no bearing on maturity. just because you turn 21 and can drink doesnt mean your mature enough to do so.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:40 AM   #12
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
that's why my ban hammer is at the ready if things don't calm down and people keep acting that way

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #13
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Hello YW'ers.

I think if you frequent this forum you have seen a couple of spats in the last few weeks. We are lucky in a sense to have some very passionate members, but that passion doesn't always manifest itself in a constructive manner... lately moreso than before. As we have become more strict on forum conduct, I think the forums have taken a turn for the better. As a moderator staff, we are committed to keeping that trend going. A couple points...

[1] The correct way to deal with a disagreement that results in a personal attack is to PM a moderator. We are here to deal with these situations, but we have been underutilized recently. Most of us have alternate contacts as well. If you have AIM, add me right now: ChinoCharles. You can find info for the other mods under their screen names in their posts.

[2] Generally, I think everyone deserves a warning, but in the future persistent issues with conduct will be met with a one week ban. That isn't to say we don't want you here, but sometimes it is best to cool down for a bit before returning to actively posting.

Thank you for reading. If anyone ever sees anything that they think warrants attention from a moderator or feels like they are being singled out unfairly, please don't hesistate to contact myself or any of the other mods. One of our greatest assets is our huge member base, and we would appreciate it if our members could help us in trying to keep the mood of this forum light and fluffy.

Thanks a lot everyone. Happy posting.

Charles
Woo Hoo! It wasn't me

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:36 AM   #14
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Woo Hoo! It wasn't me
This time , you where to bussie doing it in person
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:50 AM   #15
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NZYaris1 View Post
This time , you where to bussie doing it in person
True.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #16
jclo3313
Super Moderator

Drives: Absolutely red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to jclo3313
Off with their heads!
What I meant to say is, can't we all just enjoy our common reason for being here. You may have forgotten so I'll throw it out there, it' called YARiSWORLD. Have fun and play nice with others and we can all grow a little smarter make new friends and have a little fun with someone you may never meet in person, but have found some common ground with and enjoy their company. If they piss you off walk away and let it die right then and there. I had really grown found of some of the people that were lost due to petty and silly differances and have no wish to loose anyone that I now call a friend. Smile and remember your YARiS loves you.

Obama Can't Gymkhana!
jclo3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #17
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
this was written because of the incident between Rockland and I, eh?

interesting...

i come from forums where personal insults roll of my back on a daily.. hourly... basis..

relax, this is the internet.. a 4foot3, one legged, 3 armed, 7 eared elf can call you a lazy good-for-nothing, weakling, tell you he's gonna kick your ass, you're a retard, etc etc, and that's his "internet" given right..

if i sat down with rockland in REAL LIFE i guarantee we could find common ground. i fight every day on other forums with individuals, and when we hang out later in real life, we have a beer and LOL at our previous convo. i've always wondered why CAR SPECIFIC FORUMS ARE ALWAYS SO TOUCHY... ? why? go to a general forum that's there for all car lovers, and you'll be insulted for owning a yaris. you may even go to a meet and have someone poke fun that you bought a "girls car". believe me, i've gotten more shit than any of you, for buying an xA.... i still do, to this day, even though my car can clean house against many "fast" street cars.. and i can laugh it off because these people mean no harm.

i understand where the moderators are coming from.. and i know they don't want yarisworld to turn into an all-out hatefest, but seriously, is it REALLY that bad for me to say "hey, dude, ur full of shit" to someone who says he gets 80mpg with his yaris? in the long run, will he (or she) slit his (or her) wrists or try other forms of suicide, simply because a 4foot3, one legged, 3 armed, 7 eared elf-guy called them out ON THE INTERNET??

i sincerely hope not..

as the moderators have asked me via PM, be nice, we like having you here because you CAN BE HELPFUL AT TIMES, but lay off the sarcasm... i'm trying, i really am, but sometimes things need to be said, or this place will turn into an all out flowers-and-sunshine Love-Fest, and everyone will be awarded for their opinion, kinda like special ed class...

(i'm screen shotting this post btw... i'm a little wired and want to re-read this later since i'm pretty sure it's gonna disappear very quickly)

~joel
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:22 PM   #18
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
I find this thread to be a farce . Why do certain members have the right to attack others with insults on the forum ( or by personal message or e-mail ) and not be punished ? But those who stand ground against those who are offensive and then get their posts removed or possibly banned . How about a little more mediation .
gid is offline   Reply With Quote