Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Aoe TigerTec..4k front, 3k rear....Tein Stech 3k front, 3.5k rear?

So one company is stiffer up front while one company is less up front but stiffer in the rear, what really is the better choice of the two? And why would they make the spring rates vary like that from front to rear?
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
personally, i like the teins better. the car seems to like more rear bias. now i used DF210's with a 23mm rear sway bar juuust fine for a long time. they are 3kgF/2.2kgR, so the tigertecs are about the same. so you could probably do either, and it wouldnt even matter, especially if you play around with tire pressure.
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ agreed, and there is the price point to consider. As far as I know, the AOE TigerTecs are the best deal on springs you can get.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Do the rear TigerTecs cause sagging over time?

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
So one company is stiffer up front while one company is less up front but stiffer in the rear, what really is the better choice of the two? And why would they make the spring rates vary like that from front to rear?
I wouldn't advise on getting super stiff rates on stock shocks. They wouldn't be able to keep up.

The different spring rate might just be because the car has different weight distribution from front to back.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Do the rear TigerTecs cause sagging over time?
No one has reported this yet; they are still a new product. There are 17 sets out there, all customers have liked the springs and no complaints at all.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote