Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-04-2019, 06:04 AM   #55
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjazz View Post
Has anyone used Fluid-Film to rustproof their steelies? Thanks.
Sure have. I didn't like it as much as thin stuff as it tends to sling globs onto your quarter panels and doors as it's much thicker. A thinner product will likely penetrate better in wheel nut recesses and under wheel weights. If you're really particular, you can dedicate an old microfiber towel/rag and after you let the thin stuff penetrate a bit, give the wheels a little wipe to get the excess off.

Do you wash your car at a self-serve spray bay? If you use a thinner product, it seems to attract less dirt/dust and sprays the dust off a little easier, leaving a cleaner, 'fresher' look. The thin stuff will leave a waxy layer even after you spray the wheels. The thicker stuff seems to turn the wheels a little browner as it captures and holds dust, brake dust etc.

Some folks will deem this a little overboard, but once you get your routines down, it takes but minutes occasionally and your wheels will look great all the time.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:34 AM   #56
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
Thanks a bunch, 06YarisRS. I called Rust Check (the stuff you mentioned), and they said they would send me some by the case. Finding Corrosion Block or LPS-3 is proving a tad difficult, but I did notice Corrosion Block is available via Amazon.
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:15 AM   #57
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
Corrosion Block steel wheels steelie

I think my CB came straight from CB, Florida. I dislike anything spray-can if not a good reason for, so got 32 ounce plastic bottle which comes w/ little hand-spritz bottle.

After first apply it weeps out of the steelie weld line and collects dust on the rim. But wipes off the red powdercoat finish very easily and leaves great shine. (Then I just pretty much leave the wheels alone...along with the rest of the car, except windows.)
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:46 PM   #58
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
Thank you for that info, dogsridewith.
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote