Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-25-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
Where did you buy the fujitsubo? I cant find it anywhere.
coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Quote:
Originally Posted by coheed View Post
Where did you buy the fujitsubo? I cant find it anywhere.
go to boomplustoys.net. they don't have it displayed ANYWHERE on their site, but I saw an old thread somewhere on this forum where they said they had the Fujitsubo Wagolis available for $439 shipped. Just email them and ask about it. Tell them Kirk referred you!
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
so uh... i thought i was following all this exhaust stuff but now after reading this thread i'm a little unsure. if i want to replace my exhaust from the header back what parts do i need exactly? and is that going to be really loud? would it be worth the trouble from a performance standpoint? would i be better off just replacing cat back?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
Havoc
Zee Bold Novice

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3Dr
Tanabe Concept G Axle-Back 2009 3dr

Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
mrbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
so uh... i thought i was following all this exhaust stuff but now after reading this thread i'm a little unsure. if i want to replace my exhaust from the header back what parts do i need exactly? and is that going to be really loud? would it be worth the trouble from a performance standpoint? would i be better off just replacing cat back?
Well, personally I think it's worth the money. You can't have an efficient engine if your intake and/or exhaust is too restrictive (which is what the Yaris was cursed with out of the factory). If you wanted to replace your exhaust, I'd start with the axle-back so that you can find which kind of sound you like. Then you have the option of either going with the Nitto midpipe (available from microimageonline.com) or custom-fabricating your own midpipe (warning: the Nitto midpipe does not have any catalytic converters; they're just resonators). And you know, I would recommend replacing the header. The stock design is rather convoluted and doesn't lend itself well to a good exhaust flow. For this you have many options: TRD (expensive as all hell), Megan, DC, Thunder, DME, or, again, custom make your own. If you plan on doing more performance modifications to your car, a good exhaust system is pretty much invaluable. Hope that answered your question well enough :D
Old 03-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
Well, personally I think it's worth the money. You can't have an efficient engine if your intake and/or exhaust is too restrictive (which is what the Yaris was cursed with out of the factory). If you wanted to replace your exhaust, I'd start with the axle-back so that you can find which kind of sound you like. Then you have the option of either going with the Nitto midpipe (available from microimageonline.com) or custom-fabricating your own midpipe (warning: the Nitto midpipe does not have any catalytic converters; they're just resonators). And you know, I would recommend replacing the header. The stock design is rather convoluted and doesn't lend itself well to a good exhaust flow. For this you have many options: TRD (expensive as all hell), Megan, DC, Thunder, DME, or, again, custom make your own. If you plan on doing more performance modifications to your car, a good exhaust system is pretty much invaluable. Hope that answered your question well enough :D
most definitely thanks... thought i was being ignored.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
mrbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
most definitely thanks... thought i was being ignored.
Lol, yeah I was going through some threads I wrote in a while back and I saw that no one had replied to you yet. I hate it when people don't answer my questions, so this is my way of working with karma
But yeah, the most amount of play you'll have is with the headers. Some improve the power more at the lower end of the rpm band, some at the middle, some at the top. The DME header is best, imo, for just spirited around-town driving. It's pricier than most, but not by much.
Cheers! Always eager to help out fellow Yaris owners - especially ones that like the new iQ (I'm buying that as soon as the first-year bugs are out )
Old 09-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
mrtobs1988

Drives: 2009 toyota yaris white
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
Hey is that the only midpipe you can find. And why is it so expensive? Is there anything cheaper that you know of?
mrtobs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
^Very nice. Sound clip? Oh and welcome to the fourm!!
lilredrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:57 PM   #10
Havoc
Zee Bold Novice

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrocket View Post
^Very nice. Sound clip? Oh and welcome to the fourm!!
Thank you lilredrocket! Well the engine was cold and I just installed this Saturday, 2 days ago, so there's some smoke.

EDIT: Oh and there's an Injen CAI on the other end.

www.bwcorridor.com/images/yaris/P1000988.wmv
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #11
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
Thank you lilredrocket! Well the engine was cold and I just installed this Saturday, 2 days ago, so there's some smoke.

EDIT: Oh and there's an Injen CAI on the other end.

www.bwcorridor.com/images/yaris/P1000988.wmv
I always like videos. Seems strange for the tip being so short right off the muffler. Kinda sounds a little too "ricey" for me. But looks good overall!
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #12
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
i see no one has posted up the JDM TRD VITZ muffler. looks like i'll have to represent.......
BLAZINBLUEVITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #13
mrbond

Yahoo!! I finally got youtube to upload my exhaust clip! here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIkmbeH3vn0
I'll try putting up a better one later.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:38 AM   #14
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
2.25" mandrel bent Header back exhaust with a magnaflow muffler. Oh yah, I have a resonator too, even though you can't tell! hah

Be sure to click "HQ" below the video player for both videos to view it in High Quality!

Here's a video that shows the muffler and some clips of me driving the car with the camera inside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My6Rh6VhdzA

Here's my doing a fly by the camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdcMqbM7Ec0
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #15
SilToYaris

Drives: Toyota YarisLE HB Silver 2009
Send a message via MSN to SilToYaris
I love the sound of Blitz supercharger, Thats is on my buy list for sure...
SilToYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #16
changchewsoon

Drives: Vios Turbo
Send a message via MSN to changchewsoon Send a message via Yahoo to changchewsoon
Decat, 2.2 inch, custom box, dual exhaust dual titanium tip.

changchewsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:39 AM   #17
alch3miss

Drives: Toyota Yaris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTuYUDUCj7w
alch3miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #18
changchewsoon

Drives: Vios Turbo
Send a message via MSN to changchewsoon Send a message via Yahoo to changchewsoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by alch3miss View Post
that is a nice and sexy exhaust :)

Last edited by changchewsoon; 04-03-2009 at 05:10 PM.
changchewsoon is offline   Reply With Quote