Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
Damo

Drives: 2011 Yaris 3-Door Hatch white
Massive hailstorm turns my Yaris panels into swiss cheese...

Perth, Western Australia - half destroyed by a freak storm and the back half of my car was caught in it.

Ok the damage is nowhere near what other people have had (cars written off, windows smashed, $100million+ in damages across the city.

Ive seen some reports on using dry ice to contract the metal and pull out minor dents, but is there a proven method to doing this that wont cost the earth or result in panels needing to be replaced.

My car is being serviced right now so pics to come later.

There doesnt appear to be any paint damage.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Damo

We had a pea-sized hail storm here in southcentral Texas last Saturday and I was sure there'd be damage on my Yaris, but somehow it escaped.

The dry ice method isn't effective from what I've tried...I tried it on a door ding using a can of compressed air held upside down, which froze the area but didn't pull out the dent. I ended up taking it to a paintless dent repair expert who specializes in removing such dings. He worked on it for over an hour and a half, but he somehow got the ding about 99.5% gone (there is still a slight indication of it when you look at certain angles depending on the light). Considering the ding was on a curve in the door, I was impressed. I'm not sure if there are guys like this in Perth (maybe this guy knows of one) or try The Ding King. Plus, it might be a chance to meet their new trainee from France, Amandine:

If they are too busy (and I can imagine she is quite popular!), then try any one of these...

Best of luck!

Cheers! M2