Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-23-2009, 05:34 AM   #1
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
17x7 Enkei RPF1 with 43mm offset wheels with 205/45ZR17 tires with DF210s, OK?

I'm thinking about buying some 17x7 Enkei RPF1 wheels with 43mm offset with 205/45ZR17 Yokohama Parada Spec-2 tires. The site says they will fit a Yaris but I'm running Tanabe DF210 springs, and I'm really concerned about rubbing and speedometer accuracy. I know little about wheels, and have little idea what the numbers mean in the wheel and tire specs (other than 17x7 = 17 inches diameter and 7 inches wide) Any one running a similar setup or know enough about the subject that can help me out? I'd appreciate any advice, as I research my purchases thoroughly before taking the plunge. Thanks a lot! (in advance )

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
itll be close....not likely to rub if you never turn hard, lol
Old 09-23-2009, 07:02 AM   #3
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
it'll only rub on plastic. a spoon heated with a torch can fix that by massaging the fender liners in a bit where the tire rubs.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
195's are less-likely to rub.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
195's are less-likely to rub.
^^ 195 on 17" rim ??? The offset is pretty high so you're good there . The 45 series tire is a little tall but you should still be fine to run them with the df210's . Also the worst that will happen is the thin plastic wheel liner will get rubbed .
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
bwong2

Drives: 2009 Yaris Liftback S
i found this link in the sticky really helpful when shopping for new wheels/tires and comparing them to the stock height. should give you a good idea whether or not they'll rub too.

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp
bwong2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Thats what I am running. I only rub on my right side, I think my shock is worse there as it sinks more. But then again I was hit there, I just got the fender replaced, yet on a bump or for that matter a small hill, it sounds like it rubs plastic. Atleast not metal anymore! I think my exact tires are: 205/45-17 on 17x7rims on +42 offset, TRD springs. As long as your shocks are alright, you should not have ANY problems rubbing.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #8
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
I was running 205/45/17's with a +42 offset and only rubbed (on the plastic) when turning as sharp as I could at low speeds in a parking lot while turning left. (not right) LOL. And I'm on DF210's.

(the above statement is actually true.)
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #9
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
As every one said... you will get some minor rub on the plastic inner fenders when you go over speed bumps...

You can massage the plastic fender or do what must people do... let them wear off....

BTW, nice choice of wheels and street tires.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #10
AdeJong 03
"Stealth Runner"

Drives: 2009 Yaris-S Sedan
17x7 43 offset is pretty mild. you wont rub if you dont run any kind of spacers
AdeJong 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #11
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post
BTW, nice choice of wheels and street tires.
ahh, well thanks, I was looking for the lightest weight 17s (no heavier then the 15lb 15" stock steels) that were a brand I recognized and the best reviewed tires for "Ultra High Performance Summer" (as opposed to "Extreme Performance Summer") also a brand i recognized... I plan on keeping the stock steels as winter wheels and these as summer wheels. Unfortunately the money will be coming in for these in December so I'll have to wait to put them on for a few months (which will bug the shit outta me lol). I'm still not positive that these will be the ones I get, however, it sounds like a good setup. Any one else have any advice? I can't hardly wait, it's going to look and drive so awesome!

Old 09-24-2009, 02:39 AM   #12
TOUGEghost
Mr. Clean

Drives: 2009 Yaris S 3-Door
That's almost the exact setup I have, even the same tire. The only difference is I have Tein S-Tech's and a 205/40 tire size. It doesn't ever rub during normal driving, even at full lock. If you try really hard it does rub the plastic a tiny bit in the front (high speed corners with the suspension fully compressed).
TOUGEghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #13
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
ahh, well thanks, I was looking for the lightest weight 17s (no heavier then the 15lb 15" stock steels) that were a brand I recognized and the best reviewed tires for "Ultra High Performance Summer" (as opposed to "Extreme Performance Summer") also a brand i recognized... I plan on keeping the stock steels as winter wheels and these as summer wheels. Unfortunately the money will be coming in for these in December so I'll have to wait to put them on for a few months (which will bug the shit outta me lol). I'm still not positive that these will be the ones I get, however, it sounds like a good setup. Any one else have any advice? I can't hardly wait, it's going to look and drive so awesome!

My only suggestion would be to look into the Yoko's S.Drive instead of the Parada's.

The S.drives are newer and superior all around than the parada's. Even though they don't look as aggressive.

The Enkeis are forged, high quality and light wheels. You can't go wrong with them.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #14
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
i think they would look better on a polar white liftback! how about you buy them and let me 'borrow' them from time to time ?
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #15
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
i think they would look better on a polar white liftback! how about you buy them and let me 'borrow' them from time to time ?
lol suuuuure

Old 09-30-2009, 05:39 AM   #16
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Well after looking at the "official wheel and tire guide", speaking with my friend Charles (from the Dayton meet), and playing with the wheel/tire size calculator I think a 215/40 tire would be a better tire... It's got a wider contact patch and the total diameter is only 1mm larger. The difference in the spedo is quite a bit better also. Any one have 17x7 ET43 with 215/40s want to comment?

Old 11-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #17
DeathBeard

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
215 will rub unless you add neg camber..205 is better especially considering it's only a 17x7

Proverbs 16:9
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #18
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Shouldnt rub fenders at all maybe liner like stated above but you can cut them or just let the tries rub their own hole in the liner... problem solved

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
17x7, 43mm, df210, enkei, rpf1