Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
Floatplaneguy
floatplaneguy

Drives: Yaris 3dr
after market stereo's

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a aftermarket, stereo GPS etc, in dash for 2007 3 dr..
Floatplaneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
Killchain

Drives: '10 Yaris LB Polar White
Search is your friend.....................

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20
Old 04-08-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killchain View Post
Search is your friend.....................

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20
except actual human beings like to talk to other people, not get rude responses like that.

-------------------------

What budget are you looking at? Are you just looking for a good deck, or a full system build, or a audiophile's wet dream? SQ or SPL? Do you want Ipod connectivity, bluetooth, full nav etc?
Old 04-09-2014, 02:28 AM   #4
WingIt

Drives: 2005 NCP91 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
except actual human beings like to talk to other people, not get rude responses like that.
Well they have a point, even just posting in the correct section would be a help, got to be effort from both sides
WingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingIt View Post
Well they have a point, even just posting in the correct section would be a help, got to be effort from both sides
They don't have a point, I don't know if you have noticed, but the number of users on this site is down drastically. Being a jerk to a new user is not the way to have new people join the site.

Being polite is not hard, and people need to do it more everywhere.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #6
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatplaneguy View Post
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a aftermarket, stereo GPS etc, in dash for 2007 3 dr..
Look for a good deal on e-bay or amazon

Once in a while canadian retailers have good deals (future shop/best buy)
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #7
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Love my Alpine.. found a new one (unopened box) on ebay for 399.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpine-INE-W...item417a15011f
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:02 PM   #8
Dark Paw

Drives: 2006 Toyota Vitz RS. 5spd.
Looks good. Wanna get one of those soon
Dark Paw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:08 PM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Telling people to search, especially when you do the work for them and provide the link, is NOT rude at all; its helpful.

Especially to such a generic question. What I do notice is that you haven't bothered to help the poster with an answer yet?

I like Kenwood head units, but I have the 8" Alpine in my Prius C and it's pretty amazing.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #10
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Quote:

-------------------------

What budget are you looking at? Are you just looking for a good deck, or a full system build, or a audiophile's wet dream? SQ or SPL? Do you want Ipod connectivity, bluetooth, full nav etc?

Why? asked what i would ask...Idk how that's not helpful.

Some good websites to start at are either Sonic electronix or Crutchfield .com. They have "Will this fit my vehicle" drop downs to tell you will it fit, what type of Harnesses / Dash kits you will need. If you like the price from one of them Online retailers....go for it if not get the Brand of the Unit you want to buy. Model Number. Then search on Amazon, Ebay, Google and look for all that you may need. You could save alot or be about the same price. Just remember i believe both them sites charge a bit extra for the unit but they say they give you a "MOUNTING HARDWARE" for free. As well as shipping, which if you're outside the US expect to pay a bit more.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #11
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp

Float,

...Go talk to Keith McCumber at Soundsgood...

http://www.soundsgoodauto.com/

Honestly, I've enjoyed the new Sony offerings, however Pioneer and Alpine offer great alternatives.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #12
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Telling people to search, especially when you do the work for them and provide the link, is NOT rude at all; its helpful.

Especially to such a generic question. What I do notice is that you haven't bothered to help the poster with an answer yet?

I like Kenwood head units, but I have the 8" Alpine in my Prius C and it's pretty amazing.
Quote:
They don't have a point, I don't know if you have noticed, but the number of users on this site is down drastically. Being a jerk to a new user is not the way to have new people join the site.

Being polite is not hard, and people need to do it more everywhere.
You must have missed this. Funny how the poster hasn't replied, gee I wonder why? Maybe because the first response was a snarky jerk response to a brand new person? I doubt he will be back. It isn't like this place has even half or 25% of the users it used to, being nice to a new person is a good idea.

You know what? I've seen communities die. That is how it happens, when new people come on board the response they get is something like this. You can say the exact same thing in a much more polite friendlier manner. This community is on the verge of being too small to last as we speak, and it might be nice too try a little when someone new comes a long. It isn't that hard.