Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #19
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
I went to Richmond Hill Toyota...

But strangely, some of the rattling were gone after a while, I guess it takes time for the compenents to settle down to their place?

However, when I start running the car, there are still some noise coming from the back, tried removing all the stuff at the back including those in the spare tire area, still happening...

I'll try again at another dealership, but it really takes time!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:44 PM   #20
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabL
I went to Richmond Hill Toyota...

But strangely, some of the rattling were gone after a while, I guess it takes time for the compenents to settle down to their place?

However, when I start running the car, there are still some noise coming from the back, tried removing all the stuff at the back including those in the spare tire area, still happening...

I'll try again at another dealership, but it really takes time!
Really? ha ha. I brought mine in Richmond Hill Toyota also. I have yet to encounter any problem with my Yaris yet. At least not any strange noise.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #21
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

and oh yeah, if you were gonna try another dealer, try don valley, I heard they have pretty good service.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #22
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
and oh yeah, if you were gonna try another dealer, try don valley, I heard they have pretty good service.
Well, I have heard something opposite! haha!! My co-worker brought his Corolla there for service, and he has rattling at his dash as well. Don Valley claimed they have changed the dash for him, but apparently it's still the same dash. DV just invoice that to Toyota Canada and get the $$ out of it without actually changing the dash...

But I had my Camry service there before I sold it, didn't have any problem with them.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #23
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Quote:
Well, I have heard something opposite! haha!! My co-worker brought his Corolla there for service, and he has rattling at his dash as well. Don Valley claimed they have changed the dash for him, but apparently it's still the same dash. DV just invoice that to Toyota Canada and get the $$ out of it without actually changing the dash...

But I had my Camry service there before I sold it, didn't have any problem with them.
Serious? damn. It's a good things there is tons of people out there do service instead of just goin' back to the dealer. ha ha.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:51 PM   #24
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Well, I guess every dealer is just the same! haha!! That's where the dealership gets the $$, they can sell you the car with $100 profit, all they want is your service business.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:03 AM   #25
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
I have the same rattle with mine, it seems to come from under the car, strange. I assume that's from the heat shield around the muffler or stuff making the noise.
Thanks for the response. When I bring the car to the dealership for service, I will mention to them your observations.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:10 AM   #26
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
Thanks for the response. When I bring the car to the dealership for service, I will mention to them your observations.
Actually I think you should just let them figure where is the problem.

When you tell them what's wrong, they will only look into that particular area. And if nothing is wrong there, they'll tell you that's the way it is. Just tell them there is rattle and let them figure!
Old 02-16-2006, 12:30 PM   #27
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Oh yeah, by the way, GabL, I went back to the Richmond Hill Toyota yesterday. One of their guy said we should get somethin' from the mail about a NEW user guide or we might even have to bring the Yaris back for some minor shit, they said since it's new, we might have to bring it back. Not sure when or what it's about yet.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:48 PM   #28
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

New user guide? That doesn't sound too bad.

But bringing back the car sounds bad, that's a recall... no wonder they stopped production for '06 and rolling out '07 models in Feb 2006 while the car was just on the market for 4 months...

I actually brought the car back to dealer a month after delivery as the keyless entry is not working, they have to re-program it...
Old 02-16-2006, 01:58 PM   #29
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

o well, i guess we'll have to see what happen, so far I have no problem with mine yet, other than passager door won't unlock during the coldest day here.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:46 PM   #30
swng

Quote:
Actually I think you should just let them figure where is the problem.

When you tell them what's wrong, they will only look into that particular area. And if nothing is wrong there, they'll tell you that's the way it is. Just tell them there is rattle and let them figure!
Thank you. I agree and will do just as you suggested.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #31
swng

Quote:
New user guide? That doesn't sound too bad.

But bringing back the car sounds bad, that's a recall... no wonder they stopped production for '06 and rolling out '07 models in Feb 2006 while the car was just on the market for 4 months...

I actually brought the car back to dealer a month after delivery as the keyless entry is not working, they have to re-program it...
Unfortunately recalls happen all the time and that is bad. Even the Echo, which in effect is the last generation Yaris, has been subjected to recalls in the past. I hope the coming one(if there is one) for the Yaris will not be for a serious problem.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:34 PM   #32
Polar_Yaris

Drives: 2006 Yaris 5 dr LE Auto
Rattles are not as annoying as my car, hums at speed 90km/h and up.....I will get the dealer to look at it tomorrow......

And the engine bay has some rattling noise when I have the brakes press and it's in reverse ....auto tranny
Old 02-16-2006, 09:07 PM   #33
swng

My sympathy! Please keep us posted.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:14 AM   #34
Schmingie

Drives: 06 Yaris LE 5dr
There is a TSB ( technical service bulleting ) out for automatic vehicles that have a rattle from the engine bay. There is an A/C line that is rattling against the fire wall and needs to be moved.

S.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #35
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

blah, guess it happen to all new model of cars......
Old 02-17-2006, 02:52 PM   #36
hhcchen
stop staring my star perv

Drives: 97 tercel
look at these rattling complaints...
i started to feel that if yaris is quality built or...
could it be they water down some noise insulation to keep things cheap...?
this questions have to ask the Japanese vitz owners on board...
see if they also notice rattles and vibrations...
Closed Thread