Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2018, 06:23 PM   #37
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstyota View Post
Why isn't it installed yet? Lol. 10 min job.
I got a used one off kijiji along with tein stechs for $160 couple years back. Best suspension mod you can do IMO. The instability I used to get on the hiway around big rigs is almost completely gone.

You will love it.
Might install it this weekend, but not in a huge hurry as the car is off the road for winter.

I use Kijiji, except lately it has become so badly clogged with ads from dealers and parts suppliers that it's a hassle to find anything used. IMO, kijiji has deteriorated significantly. Aside from this, a large urban center like the GTA would have much more availability of used parts. I live in a much more rural area, so selection is relatively limited.
__________________

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE Swapped
2008 Yaris LE
2011 Kia Sedona LX
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:38 PM   #38
DarkShadowFox
 
DarkShadowFox's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door HB
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Might install it this weekend, but not in a huge hurry as the car is off the road for winter.

I use Kijiji, except lately it has become so badly clogged with ads from dealers and parts suppliers that it's a hassle to find anything used. IMO, kijiji has deteriorated significantly. Aside from this, a large urban center like the GTA would have much more availability of used parts. I live in a much more rural area, so selection is relatively limited.
you do know you back two bolts out and install it right?
__________________
Checkout My Build Thread: https://yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58963

Im autistic about 3rd gen yarises. ask me anything.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:29 PM   #39
tmontague
 
tmontague's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hamilton Ont.
Posts: 2,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Might install it this weekend, but not in a huge hurry as the car is off the road for winter.

I use Kijiji, except lately it has become so badly clogged with ads from dealers and parts suppliers that it's a hassle to find anything used. IMO, kijiji has deteriorated significantly. Aside from this, a large urban center like the GTA would have much more availability of used parts. I live in a much more rural area, so selection is relatively limited.
I've noticed this too when searching for our future family awd Sienna. The whole front page is all ads and dealers, not too happy about that. I guess it pays. It's worth it to take the time and search deep into the pages. I've found people that still haven't sold stiff on page 10 that was posted within the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
you do know you back two bolts out and install it right?
*4 bolts, and depending on how flexible Adam's muscles are he may want to jack the rear end up. Realistically it's an hour from complete start to finish with cleanup, especially if you haven't installed it before
__________________
I like to drive a slow car fast...
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:29 PM   #40
DarkShadowFox
 
DarkShadowFox's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door HB
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
I've noticed this too when searching for our future family awd Sienna. The whole front page is all ads and dealers, not too happy about that. I guess it pays. It's worth it to take the time and search deep into the pages. I've found people that still haven't sold stiff on page 10 that was posted within the month.



*4 bolts, and depending on how flexible Adam's muscles are he may want to jack the rear end up. Realistically it's an hour from complete start to finish with cleanup, especially if you haven't installed it before
i forget but i think i only had to backout two but ill check again. i think it was 4 because its non adustable.
__________________
Checkout My Build Thread: https://yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58963

Im autistic about 3rd gen yarises. ask me anything.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #41
WeeYari
 
WeeYari's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,099
2 need to be backed out and 2 are net new.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
__________________
WeeYari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:25 PM   #42
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,037
Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I've put sway bar on the back burner until I can straighten out my A/C issues. That said, if the A/C becomes a long process, I may console myself with the installation of the sway bar. Since I'm not sure how flexible my muscles are I will probably jack the car up and remove the wheels. God knows, I've got lots of time and a few good jacks.
__________________

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE Swapped
2008 Yaris LE
2011 Kia Sedona LX
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #43
DarkShadowFox
 
DarkShadowFox's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door HB
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I've put sway bar on the back burner until I can straighten out my A/C issues. That said, if the A/C becomes a long process, I may console myself with the installation of the sway bar. Since I'm not sure how flexible my muscles are I will probably jack the car up and remove the wheels. God knows, I've got lots of time and a few good jacks.
just put the bar on already
__________________
Checkout My Build Thread: https://yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58963

Im autistic about 3rd gen yarises. ask me anything.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:53 PM   #44
WeeYari
 
WeeYari's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
just put the bar on already
Cause it is cold in New Brunswick and the car is in winter storage anyway.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
__________________
WeeYari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:35 PM   #45
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Cause it is cold in New Brunswick and the car is in winter storage anyway.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
You got that right, WeeYari! Quite nippy out there. Even with my 240V heater and plastic covered paint booth, I'm lucky to reach 15C.
__________________

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE Swapped
2008 Yaris LE
2011 Kia Sedona LX
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRD rear sway bar? Lewis DIY / Maintenance / Service 26 09-10-2013 02:10 PM
FS: TRD Rear Sway Bar NY/CT/NJ enviri Items for Sale by private party 8 06-13-2013 10:46 PM
xA or xD front sway bar fit in to 07 Yaris yariseggvvti Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 1 10-29-2012 09:47 PM
TRD Rear Sway Bar detroiter Items for Sale by private party 15 08-05-2009 01:01 AM
TRD rear sway bar cali yaris Items for Sale by private party 19 05-23-2009 05:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.