Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-16-2006, 12:02 AM   #1
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Question Interior Light Kit... for Canadian version?!

Interior Light Kit (S, LB)
Interior lighting system includes 2 LED light bars and center console illumination.

--

OK, so the above is an accessory available on the Liftback in the US model. But I freaking want it SO BAD on my Canadian 5D LE Yaris Hatchback!

I wonder if it's possible at all to import it the parts from the US and have my Toyota dealer install them on MY Canadian Yaris?

Or, failing that, if they wont install it (for whatever reasons), but likely the parts are compatible from the US to the Cdn Yaris, then I can order them and have a shop install them for me?

Does anyone know any info regarding this? It seriously looks sweet as all hell, and I'd love to get it done. Just fishing for some information...

Note: I also just realized I could prolly order some after-market interior light kit, but generally, I'd like to stick to Toyota products... I'm weird/fussy that way I guess.

Thanks for any info and opinions guys.

Jem
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:28 AM   #2
Linkseal

Drives: DBA-NCP91
Send a message via MSN to Linkseal
Well...seriously, I would rather go for 2x Blue Neo or LED interior light plus more features but just for $20 at Canadian tire...Well I think you might get those from US dealership...but it dozen mean those blue LED bar from Toyota dealer is acutally Toyota OEM part....
Linkseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:06 AM   #3
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar

Interior Light Kit (S, LB)
Interior lighting system includes 2 LED light bars and center console illumination.

--

OK, so the above is an accessory available on the Liftback in the US model. But I freaking want it SO BAD on my Canadian 5D LE Yaris Hatchback!

I wonder if it's possible at all to import it the parts from the US and have my Toyota dealer install them on MY Canadian Yaris?

Or, failing that, if they wont install it (for whatever reasons), but likely the parts are compatible from the US to the Cdn Yaris, then I can order them and have a shop install them for me?

Does anyone know any info regarding this? It seriously looks sweet as all hell, and I'd love to get it done. Just fishing for some information...

Note: I also just realized I could prolly order some after-market interior light kit, but generally, I'd like to stick to Toyota products... I'm weird/fussy that way I guess.

Thanks for any info and opinions guys.

Jem
Just go to Crappy tire, Walmart or any automotive store and buy a cheap set of 6" or 9" neon lights.
I have a set of 9" neons undermy dash that I paid like $15 for.
Extremely simple to install.
I just poped down the plastic pannels and used zip ties to fasten them to the pannels so they are secure and can't be seen. I wired the power into the aux power/sig lighter outlet

Took 20 minutes to install and looks just like the piture you posted
07WYarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #4
tca4

Drives: Yaris RS (white)
Lets see pics of your interior then
tca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:27 PM   #5
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
If I had a camaera with adjustable shutter speed I would...
my cheap ass $50 digital camera won't take the pics.

besides ANY interior with neons under the dash will look the same as the pic posted
07WYarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:20 AM   #6
JustAnotherAsian
now in HD

Drives: not yaris!
Send a message via AIM to JustAnotherAsian
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07WYarisRS
If I had a camaera with adjustable shutter speed I would...
my cheap ass $50 digital camera won't take the pics.

besides ANY interior with neons under the dash will look the same as the pic posted
unless you get cold-cathodes- those are a different story. just imagine ridiculously brighter lights. leds and neons are enough if you really want interior lighting imo.