Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
SailDesign

Drives: .
Geneva motor show - no surprises from GM....

So - here is the second gallery of shots from Geneva. 90% electric, hybrid, etc, with good ol' GM showing a "new" Jeep Sahara, and a "new" Cadillac.
Pretty pathetic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...ow-part-2.html
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
GM is showing a JEEP? you mean mopar right unless I missed mopar selling jeep off lol
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
GM is showing a JEEP? you mean mopar right unless I missed mopar selling jeep off lol
:oops:
Yeah, whichever.
I guess I don't really take much notice of US cars anymore. I don't like the styling, or the fact that Ford picks all the "added gunk" to try to sell cars (like the radio and the interior lights) instead of how well it drives, or how inexpensive it is to fix.
So, if GM doesn't own Jeep, then my bad. All the other manmufacturers show at least a hybrid (even Porsche) and all the major US mfrs can show is a differently coloured Jeep from last year......
Sad.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:01 AM   #4
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
:oops:
Yeah, whichever.
I guess I don't really take much notice of US cars anymore. I don't like the styling, or the fact that Ford picks all the "added gunk" to try to sell cars (like the radio and the interior lights) instead of how well it drives, or how inexpensive it is to fix.
So, if GM doesn't own Jeep, then my bad. All the other manmufacturers show at least a hybrid (even Porsche) and all the major US mfrs can show is a differently coloured Jeep from last year......
Sad.
I don't blame you one bit for not caring who owns who.

My gripe with manufacturers right now (import and domestic) is the lack of differing design between the models. they all either have similar shaped grilles/front bumper areas (the most explicit being acura, kia, and toyota) or they all share interior components (cross model pollination as i see it).

Yeah it all saves money, but, in the long run when you go out to the parking lot and the only way you know which car is yours is if you set off the alarm, is that really what consumers want?

hell its not jsut people who follow trends it is every manufacturer (be it car or clothing). first was the domestics boon with the e-85 compliance and how they made that a selling point. now they all want to do the hybrid thing or the electric thing. whats next mitsubishi water cars? or Gm cars powered by thoughts??
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote