Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
JohnnyMalice

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 4 door sedan
Cold air intake....check engine light on...???

Hey guys, first post on here. I have a 2007 Yaris and tonight I jsut put in a cold air intake. after I started up my car, the check engine light came on. Any secrets? or any reason why this is happening?! any input would be most appreciated.
JohnnyMalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
1. did you disconnect the battery so the ECU would "relearn" after your install?
2. were you extremely careful with your MAF sensor? 95% of the time this area is the cause of CELs with a CAI install.

Most important: which product did you install and where did you get it?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Make sure all hoses and connectors are connected. I accidentally left the EGR valve connector (I think that's what it was) disconnected and that was the cause of my CEL. Can you get it scanned and report back was the code is?
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Try disconnecting your battery, pump the brakes until you can't anymore, reconnect the battery AFTER 30 minutes, and start the engine and let the car idle for 10 minutes (don't rev the engine).
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
JohnnyMalice

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 4 door sedan
Hey guys sorry it took so long, My computer has been down and my phone doesnt seem to like this page LOL

Well after I did the battery disconnect it went away, but I think I want to replace my MAF anyways. Its just a off the wall (or internet) CAI. I customized it so it would sit down further in the wheel well but not too far down to where id suck up water in puddles.
JohnnyMalice is offline   Reply With Quote