Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
thebarber
daily driver
 
thebarber's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 echo RS
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,615
lifted the wrecho

xb1 suspension and 185-70-14 michelin x-ice 3's

__________________

Last edited by thebarber; 11-03-2017 at 01:23 PM.
thebarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #2
thebarber
daily driver
 
thebarber's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 echo RS
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,615
__________________
thebarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 2,479
I love your little Echo's, man.

Back in 2002, I worked with a gal that had a sedan and I couldn't stand the thing. I still think they look wonky. I don't think we got the hatchbacks because I've never seen one on the road, but they are cool looking little cars.
__________________
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:27 PM   #4
thebarber
daily driver
 
thebarber's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 echo RS
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I love your little Echo's, man.

Back in 2002, I worked with a gal that had a sedan and I couldn't stand the thing. I still think they look wonky. I don't think we got the hatchbacks because I've never seen one on the road, but they are cool looking little cars.
Thanks. You're right, the US never got the echo hatch, but it was sold in Canada in 2004 and 2005.

I always liked them. Both of mine are RS models which have more cosmetic stuff similar to the RS yaris in canada and S model in the US.

Ive imported both of mine into the US as we're now in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The process isnt hard, but finding decent echoes 13-14yrs later IS.
__________________
thebarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:58 AM   #5
1zzVitz05
 
Drives: Echo 05
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Qc
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
.

Ive imported both of mine into the US as we're now in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The process isnt hard, but finding decent echoes 13-14yrs later IS.
They are dimes a dozen here in quebec, only problem with that is the"decent" part. We use so much salt on the roads that floor pans and rockers are usually in bad shape.

What does importing from canada to us like? What do you need to go through?
1zzVitz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:07 AM   #6
thebarber
daily driver
 
thebarber's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 echo RS
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1zzVitz05 View Post
They are dimes a dozen here in quebec, only problem with that is the"decent" part. We use so much salt on the roads that floor pans and rockers are usually in bad shape.

What does importing from canada to us like? What do you need to go through?
need a letter from toyota canada stating that the safety and emissions standards meet the US. fill out a couple forms for US customs: HS7 and 3520-1.

when you drive across your personal vehicle you have to pay duty (2.5%) on the US value of the car. my 2 RS's have been worth so little that they customs officers havent even wanted to do the paperwork for the fee.
__________________
thebarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #7
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 2,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
...my 2 RS's have been worth so little that they customs officers havent even wanted to do the paperwork for the fee.
Ha, nice!
__________________
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:43 PM   #8
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L
 
Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 833
love it
__________________
-Greg...the Exhaust Freak.

-'10 PW sedan 106whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension goodies
-'82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-'83 Malibu, lowrider
-97 Tercel coupe
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lifted Yaris Overlander Thirty-Nine General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 11 06-04-2017 11:08 PM
Lifted 4Runner to Yaris...Lovin' It! Toyota_Yaris New YARIS Purchase Forum 1 09-07-2010 02:24 AM
Subcompact Showcase: Lifted Suzuki SX4 Thirty-Nine Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 6 05-16-2009 12:08 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.