Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-05-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
pasapaca

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
HELP! Have I killed some sensor? NO POWER AFTER Headers and Cold Air Intake

This is my first time posting here. Sorry if this issue has been covered before.
After installing headers and C.A Intake. Revs went to near ZERO! actually the engine stopped 2 times. I guess ECU just experimented some strange modification. After 2 days revs went a little bit higher, just enough to keep engine running on idle. BUT ACCELERACION AND RESPONSE ITS MUCH WORST with the modifications. Above all, this orange light indicating some kind of trouble in the gas emission system was turned on for like 4 days. Te guy told me it was because he had to unplug some kind of O2 or emissions sensor when installing headers. In first gear, at not to heavy climbs I need to rev the engine to 4 o 5K just to be able to initiate movement (is it something wrong with the clutch now?) 0 to 60 in about 26 secs!
Anyway, I´m lost here. Just bought and installed new set of pulleys (Microimage) and...well nothing better. Is this usual?
Is it the clutch?, some damaged sensor? Feels like the engine is running with 3 cylinders! Perhaps a damaged spark plug? but why?. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot guys!
pasapaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
Freedan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Bayou Blue 3DR Lift
Here is a link to someone that had problems after installing a 3" CAI.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...&highlight=MAF

You didn't say how big your CAI at the MAF was, so I'm just taking a guess that it's 3" and that is why you are having problems. The guy that installed your exhaust header, did he installed the sensor into your new header or did he just left the sensor dangling in your engine bay?

Hope that helps.
Freedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
What kind intake did you install? ^ and as freedom mentioned might be that too, pics would help too to get this baby back on her feet
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Put your stock air box back in and see what happens.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
pasapaca

TITANIUM COLD AIR INTAKE 07 08 TOYOTA YARIS 1.5L L4 +HP from Vertexracing.com. (At Ebay)
I´m sure that`s the issue.
to big = to lean,
to small = to rich.
I`ll get a photo, but WeeYari, you are right. I`m guessing Cal too big might be 3". I`ll remove that thing and try out with stock.
Sensor was installed back, but could headers Cal be a problem also?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
only if you have a serious leak and you'll know it.

probably that HUGE intake off ebay. you can cut a section out and neck it down to 2.25" and be fine with it. the sensor itself needs to be in 2.25" pipe though.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
pasapaca

DID WHAT WEEYAI SAYED AND WORKED. Now, I´m planning about getting he Microimage CAI. Thoughts?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Anything MicroImage sells is quality. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Garm on any products he carries.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
low revs, no power