Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #19
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
I have the AOE's and I love em. They have the right blend of drop along with actual functionality.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #20
hafeez

Drives: 2007 Silver Toyota Yaris Sedan
Do you still have wheel well gap with the AOE springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
I have the AOE's and I love em. They have the right blend of drop along with actual functionality.
hafeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #21
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
i have tein s techs on my sedan and it lowered it a lot.

I used to be able to fit my fist and have a little space left between my tire and car...

Now I can only fit one finger

Heres a pic

BEFORE:

After:

its a little old i dont have them chinese decals no more lol

OH and I didn't cut my bumpstops on the front springs, we just found out ur suppose to after me and treyz finished the job lol
Aothachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #22
detroiter

I'd say there is minimal wheel gap. Maybe a finger, finger and half gap..depending on how big of fingers you have. Like I said, it's a very tasteful drop. here, i'll post a pic for you. I think it's the perfect blend of looks because it's not a 4x4 and it's not slammed so low you need to worry if you'll still have an underbody on your car. Not to mention the performance of the springs is pretty b.a.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #23
hafeez

Did you end up cutting them after? Do you have any recent pics of it? I just want to see how they look after settling in. So the front is supposed to be lower i'm assuming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aothachos View Post
i have tein s techs on my sedan and it lowered it a lot.

I used to be able to fit my fist and have a little space left between my tire and car...

Now I can only fit one finger

Heres a pic

BEFORE:

After:

its a little old i dont have them chinese decals no more lol

OH and I didn't cut my bumpstops on the front springs, we just found out ur suppose to after me and treyz finished the job lol
Old 09-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #24
hafeez

That does look like a nice drop. How is the ride with them? I'm assuming you have Tokico Blues up front as well? Is there any bounce or just stiff? I had a little bounce with my Megan Springs w/ Tokico's up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
I'd say there is minimal wheel gap. Maybe a finger, finger and half gap..depending on how big of fingers you have. Like I said, it's a very tasteful drop. here, i'll post a pic for you. I think it's the perfect blend of looks because it's not a 4x4 and it's not slammed so low you need to worry if you'll still have an underbody on your car. Not to mention the performance of the springs is pretty b.a.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #25
detroiter

I'd say the ride with them while they were breaking in was a little miserable because I drive alot of freeway, so it was bounce..bounce...AND AWAY! until they settled in. But I'm guessing that's with all springs and such during break in period. I do have blues up front as well.

The ride is perfect to me. Obviously it's stiffer than stock ride so when you turn or go over some bumps and cracks, it's definately firm but it's not so bad that you can't live with it. If there's a big bump, you just slow down a bit and go over it. It's a car with some "sports performance" parts in mind installed on it, not an off road truck. So you should drive it with that thought of mind anyway :)
Old 09-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #26
jouna

Drives: jdm yaris sedan
i have tein in my corolla and in my yaris. and they are awesome
Old 09-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #27
hafeez

you got any pics of your car showing the drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouna View Post
i have tein in my corolla and in my yaris. and they are awesome