Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
Marfulion

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Just Got A yaris: Performance Mod Suggestion

Hi ppl, I am new here and I just got an 08 black yaris sedan, previously I had an 05 Rav4. Anyways this car is quite agile for being stock and decided to go ahead and go modding it. I am going to get the TRD shocks, springs and sway bar and wanted to know wat is the widest possible tire to get on the yaris without it sticking out of the fairing? i was thinking about 205s, they have the stock 185s right now with the potenzas. Also with the suspension hooked up and wider tires iam thinking an extra 50hp will wrap it up, what can i do to it to get about 50hp more out of it? and do u guys think the TRD suspension is good enough, thank you so much for suggestions if any.
Marfulion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
First off welcome , and congrats on buying a 08 yaris ! Imo the trd suspension is very good stuff but is on the pricey side. There are other brands that make suspension parts that out-perform trd for less price . Now to the 50 extra hp , its gonna cost you and big , basically for the extra 50hp on a yaris I can build a 450+ hp dsm(including price of car lol) you're gonna need a supercharger kit blitz or power enterprise about 4k then a dc header/nitto mid-pipe/axle back exhaust of your choice , a set of nst pulleys , intake and you're at least 50hp over stock . Please check out this website for all your yaris aftermarket parts needs....
http://shop.microimageonline.com/main.sc
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
50 extra hp huh. Like stated above, blitz super charger kit will give you about 30 extra HP and the power enterprise kit will give you about 50 extra hp (assuming a stock yaris is around 90-95whp). I believe those numbers are about right. Then yah, you can add headers, carolla/matrix/xd throttle body, intake, richard's intake manifold (if you dont get the blitz S/C kit), pulleys, a cat back or the nitto midpipe/axleback. Or you can wait for a turbo kit to be built (hah!) or tackle the task yourself. But I heard if you slap a Micro Image sticker on your car, it adds 40hp. Have fun.

* you can always try the ebay turbo kits online. but those won't be good..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDMS-...Q5fAccessories
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
. But I heard if you slap a Micro Image sticker on your car, it adds 40hp. Have fun.
No way bro , it closer to 50 hp to the wheels lol
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
Marfulion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
. But I heard if you slap a Micro Image sticker on your car, it adds 40hp. Have fun.

* you can always try the ebay turbo kits online. but those won't be good..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDMS-...Q5fAccessories
i couldnt find the micro image sticker from thier site, iam gonna try a a vvti and trd combo badge. i think it will be a much more economical way getting that extra power.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
OK Yaris

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marfulion View Post
i am gonna try a a vvti and trd combo badge. i think it will be a much more economical way getting that extra power.
There goes your warranty.............

Oh wait, you might be OK. Those are both Toyota badges.......
OK Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #7
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Welcome to YW! This is a GREAT place to do a few searches and find great reading material on Yaris performance.

Good luck and have fun with all your projects!

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
Marfulion

i forgot to put a smily next to my last comment. I dont rlly agree with sticker modding. i am not rlly gonna spend a single penny on appearance on this car, and i dont want to go all out and turn this thing into track car. man i heard over in europe they got the vitz with the 1.8 corolla engine. any body know if that will ever happen over here?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #9
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
Save your money and head straight for a Blitz or PE supercharger setup if +50hp is what you have in mind, because nothing else that you do will get you close. Not pulleys, not exhaust, not intakes or headers.

Or you can try to stuff a Honda B16 in between the shock towers.
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #10
eht13

Drives: .
Quote:
i couldnt find the micro image sticker from thier site, iam gonna try a a vvti and trd combo badge. i think it will be a much more economical way getting that extra power.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:09 PM   #11
PETERPOOP

Quote:
i am not rlly gonna spend a single penny on appearance on this car

I bet you change your mind.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:26 PM   #12
Marfulion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleong View Post
Save your money and head straight for a Blitz or PE supercharger setup if +50hp is what you have in mind, because nothing else that you do will get you close. Not pulleys, not exhaust, not intakes or headers.

Or you can try to stuff a Honda B16 in between the shock towers.

forget engine swapping, that sounds too expensive, and i dont feel like cheating on my yaris like that. much toyota love
Where can i get this PE supercharger? i heard blitz went out of business.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #13
dexter_5000

Drives: 2006 Scion xA
Send a message via AIM to dexter_5000
Quote:
i forgot to put a smily next to my last comment. I dont rlly agree with sticker modding. i am not rlly gonna spend a single penny on appearance on this car, and i dont want to go all out and turn this thing into track car. man i heard over in europe they got the vitz with the 1.8 corolla engine. any body know if that will ever happen over here?
the only counter part here with that setup is the new scion xd.
dexter_5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #14
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
Quote:
forget engine swapping, that sounds too expensive, and i dont feel like cheating on my yaris like that. much toyota love
Do a search in the Forced Induction forums, actually just going in there you'll see the relevant threads.

I don't know about Blitz going out of business, the only big tuning house I know that folded recently was Greddy.
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #15
Marfulion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter_5000 View Post
the only counter part here with that setup is the new scion xd.
dam, ya i am thinkin bout just saving my money and waiting for toyota to come out with something awesome again, i hear rumors about a rearwheel drive coupe in the works, who knows. funny thing i bought the yaris cus i figured i would nt do anything other than use it to get around and just use my bike for fun rides, but iam already at 8k miles on the yaris and the front wheels are almost bald, i guess i should have gotten that corolla xrs instead lol i dont know
Old 01-25-2009, 11:55 PM   #16
PETERPOOP

Quote:
There is a PE thread on the forced induction section of this messageboard. Blitz isn't out of business and micro image sells the blitz S/C cheaper than anywhere i've seen.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 AM   #17
dexter_5000

Drives: 2006 Scion xA
Send a message via AIM to dexter_5000
Quote:
dam, ya i am thinkin bout just saving my money and waiting for toyota to come out with something awesome again, i hear rumors about a rearwheel drive coupe in the works, who knows. funny thing i bought the yaris cus i figured i would nt do anything other than use it to get around and just use my bike for fun rides, but iam already at 8k miles on the yaris and the front wheels are almost bald, i guess i should have gotten that corolla xrs instead lol i dont know
greddy didn't fold it was japan they only filed for bankruptcy in japan greddy usa is helping them out too. the toyota rwd concept has been pushed back again last i heard. it will most likely be a subaru everywhere else except japan. from what i've heard its going to be based on the legacy chassis too. think about this with the purchase of the xrs vs the yaris the yaris is getting you all the great mpg and is still has a decent support. as well as this large community. sometimes its more fun to drive a car at its max then not even be able to touch all the potential.
dexter_5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #18
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
does no one read the performance primer thread anymore?

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9451

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote