Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #37
linny

Drives: '08 liftback mt
You may want to try the procedures ivansky told me to try for the idle air control valve and the fuel pump check valve.

I really can't give an update on my issue. I did replace the coolant temp sensor a couple weeks ago. I have NOT had my issue since BUT it's still extremely cold where I live.. The test for me will be when/IF it ever warms up!!
linny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #38
linny

Drives: '08 liftback mt
Sorry to bring up an old thread but want to give the final word as my issue has finally been resolved!!
Once it warmed back up where I live the extended cranking came back--the coolant temp sensor was for not..
I then checked fuel pressure and found it within spec.
I got some toyota codes from my innova 3160 on misfires, MAS rich,MAS lean, etc..

I finally gave up and brought it to our local dealer where they put it on their techstream or whatever you call the toyota scan computer.
They found that my injector #2 was leaking and causing a rich start.
They told me this was a common issue they've seen with the yaris and with the corolla.

So I spent a hundred some bucks on this education. Right now I feel pretty good about it. Maybe I'd have figured it out myself if I would have pulled the injector and manually cleaned and tested it..IDK.
Because I never noticed ANY performance issues in driving and at idle I really didn't give much thought to the injector. Live and learn then share!!
linny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #39
Lets Go Giants
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris
2008 Yaris Fuel Pump Relay

I have a 2008 yaris and it's not turning over. It sounds like it wants to start but won't turn. The car broke down on the freeway and my thought was it was the fuel pump which i replaced. The car still wont start, I am looking for the location of the fuel pump relay but can not find it anywhere. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Lets Go Giants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #40
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Go Giants View Post
I have a 2008 yaris and it's not turning over. It sounds like it wants to start but won't turn. The car broke down on the freeway and my thought was it was the fuel pump which i replaced. The car still wont start, I am looking for the location of the fuel pump relay but can not find it anywhere. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
The fuel pump relay is integrated into the body ECU (which is the under dash fuse box assembly). If you do some searching on here you'll find a thread where I give instructions on how to test its output and bypass it if it is bad.

If it is not turning over, then the fuel pump is not the issue. If it cranks by doesn't start then it could be.