Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #1
EconoboxBoy

Drives: Yaris XP13 1.33 G
Preparing stock 16' XP13 for track day

Hi folks,

I am interested in throwing my car in a trackday, just for the fun (and because we should race with the car, not with the mouth).

The deal is, my car would probably survive the trackday just fine but I don't want to take the risk (like trying to brake and go straight to the wall).

I've already ordered a new K&N air filter (the old one was never replaced). And I am thinking about ordering new EBC brake pads and new brake oil.

I have a few questions now. What high temp brake oil should I buy? I want to keep the oem SAE/DOT specs.

Would this mods be enough? The track is kindda small and it will be 1h at the track in the morning and another hour after lunch. Please keep in mind I daily this car. Thank you all
EconoboxBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:19 PM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
You will be fine with factory brake fluid (DOT3) as long as it is fresh so there is no moisture in it. Brake pads is where you need to spend some cash for serious track time. My preference is Carbotech xp10's but there are many others that would work well.

What ever you do, don't use a street/autox pad, use a proper track pad that can handle temps above 1200F.

Make sure out is fully topped up (even slightly higher) and coolant is fresh and full and inspect any hoses. This is a light chassis so it is relatively easy on wear items
Old 05-05-2019, 03:04 PM   #3
EconoboxBoy

Drives: Yaris XP13 1.33 G
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
You will be fine with factory brake fluid (DOT3) as long as it is fresh so there is no moisture in it. Brake pads is where you need to spend some cash for serious track time. My preference is Carbotech xp10's but there are many others that would work well.

What ever you do, don't use a street/autox pad, use a proper track pad that can handle temps above 1200F.

Make sure out is fully topped up (even slightly higher) and coolant is fresh and full and inspect any hoses. This is a light chassis so it is relatively easy on wear items
Hi, thanks a lot for the input.

With that said, I was looking at EBC Greenstuff but they are not suitable for the track so I am looking at options. But it seems hard to find pads for the XP13 yaris. Like those Carbotech xp10, it seems they are not available for this gen.

Meanwhile I will be looking at a chilly coolant (I am sure this will hear up quickly since it is a slow track and the this engine needs to be reved high to play) and will be trying to find a nice track ready pad set
EconoboxBoy is offline   Reply With Quote