Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-13-2016, 12:08 PM   #1
DevilzMafia

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
ABS module and light reset 07 Yaris (sedan)

I was driving the other day and right when I put my foot on the brakes, it felt like the ABS module was stopping me from applying normal brakes, it got slightly softer than usual, and one could hear some motorized sounds (probably from the ABS pump).This all happened for a few seconds, then braking went back to normal, except that the ABS light came on.

Now I've looked over the forums and the internet a lot before posting this thread.

So here are my two questions, is it even possible to find a new ABS module/actuator from the market? All I see are used parts or people selling from scrap on ebay.

Second, how on earth should I disable the ABS check light? Using a scantool, resetting the battery, and removing the 50A & 30A fuses didn't work.
DevilzMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #2
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzMafia View Post
I was driving the other day and right when I put my foot on the brakes, it felt like the ABS module was stopping me from applying normal brakes, it got slightly softer than usual, and one could hear some motorized sounds (probably from the ABS pump).This all happened for a few seconds, then braking went back to normal, except that the ABS light came on.

Now I've looked over the forums and the internet a lot before posting this thread.

So here are my two questions, is it even possible to find a new ABS module/actuator from the market? All I see are used parts or people selling from scrap on ebay.

Second, how on earth should I disable the ABS check light? Using a scantool, resetting the battery, and removing the 50A & 30A fuses didn't work.
I would scan it first could just be abs sensor that went in one of the wheels and if so it will put the car in normal brake mode also one can not turn off the abs light.
So before you go crazy spending money on parts you dont need have it scanned .
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:55 AM   #3
DevilzMafia

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
I would scan it first could just be abs sensor that went in one of the wheels and if so it will put the car in normal brake mode also one can not turn off the abs light.
So before you go crazy spending money on parts you dont need have it scanned .
I had no clue that the ABS scan tool was different than a regular one until this post, so thanks for that.

Sorry for the late response, but since pretty much everyone is charging $100+ for a diagnostic test, I'd rather buy the scanner myself and diagnose it.

So my question is, do you guys know any ABS scanner that works with a Toyota Yaris 2007, without any problems?
DevilzMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:03 AM   #4
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzMafia View Post
I had no clue that the ABS scan tool was different than a regular one until this post, so thanks for that.

Sorry for the late response, but since pretty much everyone is charging $100+ for a diagnostic test, I'd rather buy the scanner myself and diagnose it.

So my question is, do you guys know any ABS scanner that works with a Toyota Yaris 2007, without any problems?
Any good scanner will cost you more than 100$.... Go to dealership pay, figure out the issue get it fixed.
Most cheap scan tools are only for engine codes anything more and one has to pay good money it's why places charger good money for a diagnostic scan.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:00 PM   #5
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Now here's a deal (for as long as the link stays active) $45.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foxwell-NT63.../371725671631?

and another for $42.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foxwell-NT63...3D301254451928
Old 10-01-2016, 08:19 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
You can read the codes for free, just using a piece of wire or a paper clip:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...72&postcount=2
Old 10-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #7
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
I use a bluetooth ODB2 dongle which cost around $30 plus the Android app, Torq. You can buy knock off ODB2 dongles on fleeBay, but they don't always work.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote