Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Remove dash cup holders and vents?

You know how on the dash the cup holders and the side dash vents look like they are together and can come off the dash. Is this pretty easy? Anyone know how one would go about removing them. I would like to paint the vent housing and the cup holder lid my accent color of Red this weekend.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The flip out part of the cup holders remove by taking out the screw at the bottom of the inside of the cup area. The vents remove from behind, but the vent holder is not removable. It is just part of the entire dash top that is molded with a smooth texture.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Oh poop... I was thinking that vent shroud removed from the dash just from the look of it. Oh well, I guess I'll just leave it as it is. Thanks for the quick answer!
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
dzcab

Drives: 2011 3Dr Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The flip out part of the cup holders remove by taking out the screw at the bottom of the inside of the cup area. The vents remove from behind, but the vent holder is not removable. It is just part of the entire dash top that is molded with a smooth texture.
This weekend I had to remove my dash to install factory alarm ( Long Story)
I remove the screw that is inside the cup holder and I still do not know how, but it fell behind the actual cup holder and is somehow inside the front door of cup holder. I now cannot close the cup holder all the way because the screw is inside somehow. Is there a way to get the cup holder out without having to remove the whole dash out again. I am really hoping so. I did not really try to hard to pull the cup holder out in any way because of the fear of breaking it.

Any help would be great.
dzcab is offline   Reply With Quote