Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2017, 09:02 AM   #19
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by komichal View Post
The panel behind the seatbelt went more or less fine. You just need to pull up both plastic door thresholds and then I gave a proper tug to the panel - and it went off. Not sure if this is the right and official way but it worked and no clip was broken.

Removing the back door panel is easy too. You just need to
- remove the window handle (there is a pin behind the handle sou you either need to use a proper tool or a rag trick or two sharp screwdrivers (my case) to remove the pin (it shoots away!) - then the handle goes off
- remove the screw behind the "open door" handle
- remove the screw inside the small pot in the door "hand handle" (hidden behing a cap, removable by a flat screwdriver)
Once the window handle and the two bolts are gone, you just need to grab the panel in the corner where the speaker is supposed to be and tug firmly. The panel gets partly off and you just need to go around and pull it off all around. Once done, slide your hand in and remove the two metal wires from the door handle (just peek in to see how they are connected, it is a simple mechanical connection, no tool necessary).
Once you are in you will see a clear plastic coating all around the door, glued to the door by a black messy stuff. Heat that black stuff a bit and the plastic can be peeled off eventually. But in my case, I just cut a hole in it and once I was done I taped it together using a silver duct tape. It would probably deserve a better solution but at that moment I was just pissed off that there are no wires in the door so I wanted to put everything back together as quickly as possible.

So to sum up it just need to extent the wires from the seatbelt to the back door? Easy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #20
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by komichal View Post
The panel behind the seatbelt went more or less fine. You just need to pull up both plastic door thresholds and then I gave a proper tug to the panel - and it went off. Not sure if this is the right and official way but it worked and no clip was broken.

Removing the back door panel is easy too. You just need to
- remove the window handle (there is a pin behind the handle sou you either need to use a proper tool or a rag trick or two sharp screwdrivers (my case) to remove the pin (it shoots away!) - then the handle goes off
- remove the screw behind the "open door" handle
- remove the screw inside the small pot in the door "hand handle" (hidden behing a cap, removable by a flat screwdriver)
Once the window handle and the two bolts are gone, you just need to grab the panel in the corner where the speaker is supposed to be and tug firmly. The panel gets partly off and you just need to go around and pull it off all around. Once done, slide your hand in and remove the two metal wires from the door handle (just peek in to see how they are connected, it is a simple mechanical connection, no tool necessary).
Once you are in you will see a clear plastic coating all around the door, glued to the door by a black messy stuff. Heat that black stuff a bit and the plastic can be peeled off eventually. But in my case, I just cut a hole in it and once I was done I taped it together using a silver duct tape. It would probably deserve a better solution but at that moment I was just pissed off that there are no wires in the door so I wanted to put everything back together as quickly as possible.

So to sum up I just have to extend the wires? <<How hard can it be>>??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:09 AM   #21
komichal

Drives: Yaris 2007 1.3 2SZFE 64kW
Too hard for me. :( Or - better to say - not worth it.
komichal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio, speakers, wiring, yaris